New Member From County Durham - Importing an NC1

So after a patient 6 months, I may have found another car to buy. I’ll keep quiet this time, until it is loaded on the ship :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As promised, the car has been loaded onto the ship today so here it is - 1 owner, 52k miles 2.0 NC Automatic with PRHT. Graded at 4A level for those of you familiar with the Japanese auction grading system. Due to arrive at the end of March.

6 Likes

It’s had the head unit changed previously, a bonus but will that Japanese head unit (radio) find UK stations I wonder? Easily changed I guess, looks in great condition especially the interior :+1:

Yes, an easy fix if needed with a band expander, but I’m hopeful it may not need that as the car is coming from Singapore rather than Japan.

The interior does look in fabulous condition, doesn’t it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought this car was coming from Japan. The first car in this thread that didn’t work out was Singaporean. 4A means excellent condition, but possibly a few marks, and a clean interior (any grubbiness downgrades to B, its hard to find A grade interiors). But there is a bit of drift on grading systems, depending on the auction house used. Grade 4’s also cover 1-owner cars, like the FTO my brother imported through Autolinkuk, which ended up needing almost every panel repainting.

It’s coming from a dealer in Singapore who also has offices in Japan. They have applied the Japanese grading system (and descriptors) to help to describe the condition of their cars. Sorry if my earlier post was misleading - perhaps I should have said the dealer has applied the Japanese auction grading to the car :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks fantastic, I never had much luck with radio band expanders and always ended up putting a UK one in my japanese imports certainly japanese radios work on a different range, R2 was all you could get!
Having done the opposite thing I took a 3.5 PRHT to Australia, joined the local club in Sydney and we went out with them till i sold the car, long story. The aussies get the Asian version so no heated seats, no airbag isolator and a couple of other things were different. We used to drive all year round with the roof down some though we were mad in the winter but it was like 14 deg!!

1 Like

Quick update…the port have been in touch to confirm its expected arrival this weekend. Hope to have it home by the end of next week :blush:

2 Likes

Nearly here now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Car is now registered and on the road :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats on your purchase!

1 Like

Thank you @Christophe1