New member from Cumbria

Hi, just bought my first Mazda, MX5 GT Sport Tech, I’ve moved from a Porsche Boxster and in the first 250 miles, I’m finding the MX5 a good comparison, a little slower but a lot more nimble. Looking forward to the 7500 red line once the engine is bedded in. John😊

8 Likes

Hi John and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Lovely car :slight_smile: I’ve had my 2018 ND2 2.0 SportNav+ since last July and absolutely love it… The MX-5 isn’t all about numbers, though the 184 is pretty brisk, but it’s the way it makes you feel every time you drive it - Every mile brings a smile… Enjoy getting ever close to the 7500 redline as your mileage increases…!
Rob

Thanks Rob, I have a broad smile on my face every time I go out, liking the car more and more.

Hi John a warm welcome from not so sunny Essex. I’m interested, what made you change fro your Boxster?

Beautiful colour Sole red :+1:

Hi John and welcome from Essex, you will enjoy your car no doubt about it and I do love that colour. Nice part of the country you’re from, we go there a lot to walk the fells, in fact we where there just after Easter and we are are up there again at the end of June to do a Mountain Marathon.

My Boxster was a 2010 and over the last 5 years had cost me a lot of money, having to replace stuff at 35 to 40k miles isn’t good in my book. I was thinking of buying a 981 Boxster or Cayman and after 6 months of looking, I came to the conclusion that I was going to spend £30/35k on a 5 to 6 year old car with the same issues as the ones on my Boxster. It was then I decided to buy new and the MX5 was really the only car that fitted my requirements and budget😊

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, yes it’s a striking colour and will be even better when it goes for paint correction and ceramic coating in the next few weeks. Glad that you enjoy this part of the world, I was born here.

1 Like

I came to the same conclusion as you re boxter/cayman at around £30k ish after years of fast BMW’s.
If you get a good one and aren’t too hard on it you MAY be ok, (although even scheduled servicing is wallet busting) but get a bad one and combine it with some miles as a daily driver and the running costs are horrendous.
The other thing is the long gearing, which for UK use, and typical B roads which are my thing, just doesn’t work.
Hence the 30AE.
I think there’s a few on here who have come from Porsche, for good reason.
Sounds like you’re enjoying yours, for peace of mind if it’s a keeper I’d change the gearbox/diff oil regularly, plenty of info on here.

Thanks, I’ll bear the oil change info in mind, not done 400 miles yet, so that’s a fair way off😊

Welcome from another Cumbrian driver.

Thanks, I live in Furness as well😊

1 Like

You will find that very few local 5 drivers wave back…

When I had an MGB Roadster most MG owners waved, I’ve just left Porsche Club GB and not many Porsche owners waved. A bit sad really.

I’ll be sure not to miss your car around Barrow/Ulverston.

1 Like

Sweet looking ride, welcome and enjoy

Thanks

I do! - Although sometimes I’ve ended up squirting the windscreen rather than flashing the lights…

4 Likes

Hi Bluebird, I’ll keep an eye out for you in the furness area.

I’m based in Barrow and have a Galaxy Grey NC (mk3)

Jack

Only just seen this. Will do👍

Me too! Feel daft when that happens