New member from East London checking in

Hi All. I’ve just placed an order for an ND2, looks like I’ll be changing my RX-8 owners club membership for an MX-5 one. Delivery due sometime in September - can’t wait.

4 Likes

Welcome!

RX8’s are great! I think you will be happy though with the change👍

Hi Andy and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Great choice on getting yourself an ND2! :slight_smile: I worked at a Mazda dealership between 2006-2012 and got to drive a lot of RX-8’s… What an engine…! :joy: And the open top MX-5’s were pure fun then, just as the NC’s were becoming popular too…!
Rob

1 Like

Thanks Les and Rob. If there is any way I can justify keeping the RX-8 to the Mrs I will. Still love it, but the test drive in the MX-5 was a revelation, I expected the 50bhp drop to be quite noticeable, but not a bit of it. One good thing to come out of Covid is no dealer accompanied test drive - I took to the country lanes with gusto, really gave it a work out and it didn’t disappoint, so much so I ordered there and then. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome Andy…

Welcome Andy.
Which model and colour are you getting?

Ah the colour - well I wanted a colour, not something that looks like its in primer waiting for a proper coat of paint :crazy_face: and black was out, I’ve been there before with all the problems of keeping it clean. So red or blue, luckily the dealer had cars in both colours. I was undecided, but the Mrs chose deep crystal blue. I have a 1960’s MG almost the same colour, so I was happy to go along with her choice, they should make a nice pair. As for the model, it will be a rag top GT Sport Tech. I dont want to wish my life away, but roll on September :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like

So with the new stone coloured leather?
Sweeeeeeet!

Yup. The one in the showroom was the Sport Venture limited edition, it did look good with the stone leather, but then so did the Soul Red we took on the test drive.

Blues pop out more under our Northern light.