New member from Shrewsbury

Have just joined yesterday after getting a 2007 mk3 1.8 with full service history and 44300 genuine miles.

4 Likes

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

welcome dude

1 Like

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire…

Rob

Thanks for the welcome, a belated reply from me as I am storing the car in a friend’s large double garage. I was there yesterday giving the inside a thorough clean and clean and spray wax to the bodywork. Changed the airfilter as according to the service history it was last changed in 2017. The old filter was not too dirty considering so I replaced it with a Mann filter. Took it out for a quick spin and it pulled better and revved more freely. It has a sports exhaust which the previous owner fitted which gives it a deep growl an as the revs increase changes to a howl. Whether this makes it go any better remains to be seen. Have ordered some lanoguard for the underneath but it is in remarkable condition for its age. I read the reviews on lanoguard so decided to give it a try before using the car in earnest next year. As I have only had the 5 for a week and driven it just three times including the test drive it certainly delivers regarding handling and fun. I was a mini fan in my early years and had a 1965 mk1 Cooper S so was looking for something that delivered the same driving experience and theMX5 certainly does!