New member from South Staffordshire

Hello, I’m a new member from south staffs. Picked up a 2015 2.0 in September and got it out for a track day at Seighford before winter closed in. I’m returning to “fun” cars and hobby motorsport after a 10 year hiatus. I wish I had a garage and feel bad leaving it out in the cold!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire… I got my MX-5 in July of last year…
It too lives outside as this pic from back in January shows…!

Rob

Welcome to the club.

my 2013 nc2 also lives outside!
which is why it’s going over to Thrussington next week to be undersealed and for a general inspection.

I had mine treated at krown rust control in Tipton. The process was very thorough and my car had no rust yet. It should stay that way now.

2 Likes

Hi mate, where did you take the car to get it done? I live in the Midlands too. Cheers

The rust proofing place is http://www.krown.co.uk/ in Tipton

1 Like

Cheers mate :+1:

How much did they charge if I may ask?

1 Like

Welcome to the club and worry not: a car should cope with sleeping outside, as long as the engine is brought up to temperature regularly.
Keep on top of the fluids, and wash salt off the underside and inner wheel arches.

Mine was £272 their average / medium car price. I’d call for a quote though.

1 Like

thanks I will give them a ring tomorrow mate. cheers

Welcome ! I have a 2010 NC that lives outside and had it underbody treated last year. It was caught “just in time”. So do go ahead with that. Also keep and eye out for water ingress through passenger side scuttle, and drivers side behind the seat. Common problems easily dealt with, and plenty of info on the forum. Don’t ignore !