New member needing track day prep help!

Good list.

Add RBF600 brake fluid plus whatever Bofi recommend for gear box and diff.

There’s some evidence to suggest it’s worth shielding the gearbox from some of the exhaust heat.

You could start without the coilovers and ARBs. When you do them, you’ll also want to renew the bushes, possibly with poly ones as otherwise the alignment you’ll also need to get done will be wasted by random movements of the old rubber bushes. Superpro are probably the best replacement bushes. They make standard poly ones and adjustable ones which allow you to get extra camber. Some say it’s a good idea to drill the arms and fit grease nipples before you put the bushes in. To reduce car downtime you might be able to find a set of secondhand arms to refurbish and to put the bushes in.

Maybe do a few track days before doing the suspension. The car will be wobbly. This will actually help you learn how to drive it. If you then add the suspension upgrades, maybe also with corner weighting, you’ll be able to get the best benefit out of them.

1 Like

H5GNP how did it go?
I’m doing Snetterton of 13th March. Fist one I did with standard NC - 2.45 ish. Fitted coil overs and changed rear exhaust box, managed to get down to 2.39. Three more track days and couldnt beat 2.39
When I got the car it has some sort of toyo tyres with loads of tread left so decided I might as well get some use. 4 or 5 track days later they still have loads of tread but some decent tyres would help. Don’t want to go mental with the car as I use it for road use but had a remap in January and will be interested to see if I can beat the dreaded 2.39 - will probably rain all day.

1 Like

In the process of having all the bits fitted, should be about a week and then I will be getting some track days booked up. The difference just with the new Michelins is night and day. I knew it would be, I have run so many PS4 PS4s and PS5 before . Roll bar went on today. Do you ever go to Brands?

Done a few at brands when I had a Clio 197 but had a go of an mx5 so had to get one and sell the Clio. Too many cars on Brands for me including race cars so it’s difficult to get a clean lap. Often have to queue to get on track.
I’m in Essex. 2 hour drive to snetterton stay in premier inn Sunday night get to the track early Monday. Nice relaxing day out plenty of room and other drivers are more respectful which is good as I am in one of the slowest cars there.
Last year there was a GT3 Merc there and Rick Parfit junior testing his Infiniti btcc car. Cheaper than brands as well I think.

1 Like

UPDATE
So 3 weeks later and we are nearly there. Just need to get the geometry set up.

MeisterR Coilovers :white_check_mark:
F+R Whiteline ARB’s :white_check_mark:
Carbo tech front pads :white_check_mark:
EBC Yellow stuff rear pads :white_check_mark:
Brembo discs all round :white_check_mark:
SRF Brake fluid :white_check_mark:
HEL Braided lines :white_check_mark:
55mm steering wheel spacer :white_check_mark:
Michelin Pilot 5’s :white_check_mark:
Cybul roll bar :white_check_mark:
Full service :white_check_mark:

Wish list
Wheels and slicks
Buckets
Harnesses
I am sure there will be other bits that come up and need to get some stuff for track days, trolley jack, Jerry can etc. Had a quick blast in it this afternoon and it has bags and bags of grip. So pleased I got it, can’t wait to get it on track.

1 Like

Well done, you’ve been busy :+1: One more thing I’d suggest is to check/grease the caliper sliding pins/rubbers (if you’ve not already done so). A sticking caliper is a common occurrence on the NC and if you’re not handy with the spanners yourself, can put the dampeners on your trackday.
Have a good one…

1 Like

Yeah spot on they were all super stiff. All taken off and re greased. Fingers crossed for a trouble free furry track day :sweat_smile:

Many hundreds invested on many good things for the car.

Please say you’ve also invested at least £20 for at least one coaching session in your car?