New Member/New Sport Tech

Could do with some advice. I am a new owner, have read a lot about the reliability of the Mazda.
However, I understand that these cars are prone to rust. As a long keeper of cars, I would like to know if I should have the car undersealed. Unfortunately it is not garaged, but I have purchased a high quality car cover to try to protect the paintwork.
Any comments would be gratefully accepted
Redmond

The rust is no worse than most cars, but the cars tend to get kept on the road a long time.

Rust proofing is always a good idea if you want to keep the car/Maintain it’s value.

As a comparison of 150000 Mondeo registered in 2007 only 5% survive

Thank you Richard. I see there is a Company in Chelmsford that do rust proofing. Will give them a bell.
Many thanks
Redmond

Hello Redmond and welcome. I know @Countryboy has used PMW and he was very happy with them .

Yes, thanks- good to know that they come recommended.

PMW rust proofed my NC2 last year…looks a decent job and they are a very professional set up.

Thank you. Good to have this help.
Very grateful
Redmond

Hi, do you mine if I ask how much it cost to have your car “rust proofed” at PMW last year?
Thanks
Trev

Just under ÂŁ500. They will carry out a survey before giving you a price. Looks a good job to me.

1 Like

Be careful with a car cover, they can scratch the paint, make the car sweat and encourage rust