New Member North Wales.

Hi there,

I’m a new owner of an MX5, 
I’m based in the North Wales area and I’ve just rescued a 2003 MX5 1.6 Nevada in blue from a local garage.

She seems a bit of a strange one as it’s a 1.6 Nevada but with black leather interior. From my reading the 1.6 should only be cloth.

She had been discarded by her previous owner, having a couple of sill holes that needed doing, a couple of brake lines replacing and requiring a new clutch and a new hood. The MOT had run out so I’m having the sills patched for now, just to get her on the road, a new hood is going to be ordered this week and the brake lines, a service and cam belt change have already been done. 4 new tyres are being fitted tomorrow and the sills are being done Tuesday ready for her MOT on Thursday this coming week.

I have the intention of replacing the sills with new panels, as well as one rear arch, and the boot lid is poor along the edge which will get a replacement. I will then get the whole car resprayed into the same colour.

For the time being I intend to drive it once the MOT is done and enjoy it over the Winter months and get the bodywork done next Summer.

I’m looking forward to having a nosey around this forum, it looks full of nice cars and great technical info, which I’ll certainly need.

Chris :wink:

Welcome to the forum, good luck with car

Get yourself to Chester Lakes this coming Sunday, there is a classic car and bike show on and MX5s have a dedicated pitch for around 30 cars.

Ohh, and welcome.

hi and welcome.well done.north Wales has so many fantastic drives and so close for us on the Wirral.