New Mk3, 2.0 Hard Top Owner

Hi, I am new to the wonderful world of MX5 ownership having just purchased a Mk3, 57 plate hard top which will be my daily driver (hence the hard top). I have only had the car a week and already love it.

The car has done 50k miles and has a good service history.

I am looking forward to contributing to the forum and learning from other owners.

5 Likes

Nice one. Welcome aboard. :+1:

Hello and welcome… :slight_smile:
Rob

Thanks. Stew

Thanks Rob. Stew

I intend to keep the car for several years and any advice on how to look after it will be most welcome.

I will drive approximately 8k miles per year.

Welcome to the hard top club. Photos??

2 Likes

Welcome on board!

4 Likes

V nice!

1 Like

Thanks and likewise. I love my car and my daily commute has never been as much fun.

Looks good… I hope you enjoy many happy miles…! :slight_smile:
Rob

1 Like

Thank you. I already am. I have had the car 2 months and done just over 800 miles. Its the best toy I have ever had!

1 Like

Looks in great condition mate and a great colour :+1:t2:

1 Like

Welcome from a fellow prht mk3 owner.
Here are some of the recommendations I have found on this forum.
You want to keep your engine oil up to the MAX mark, change oil and filter regularly too, change other fluids when required too (brakes, gearbox oil, lsd oil…), and look at rust proofing (plenty of posts on here about it).
Get a good product to clean the rubber seals (auto glym, or gummi pflege, or Armor All protectant), especially the roof seals, and try cleaning behind the wheel arch liners.
Most mk3’s get some water in the cabin, and it’s almost always coming from the area located in the engine bay, at the bottom of the windscreen (search “scuttle grommets” on here), but you’ll just need some silicone sealant to fix it.
There’s a potential electrical issue with the driver’s window which might affect the electric roof, but again that is easy to fix and is detailed on a recent post on here.
That’s all I can think of for now.

1 Like

Thanks. I am lucky because for a 14 year old car it is in very good condition.

Thanks very much for the valuable info. Much appreciated.

1 Like