New MX-5 - Sport Graphite Edition - Autoglym Lifeshine

Folks I’ve just ordered my new MX-5 a 2.0 Sport Graphite Edition number 1 of 500. The dealer is trying to sell me Autoglym Lifeshine and I can’t really find any reviews on the internet. I do like washing polishing and waxing my MX-5s so thats not a problem for me. If its worth it I don’t mind paying to have it done. If by doing the polishing etc by myself I get the same result then I won’t bother.

Any Comments or thoughts would be helpful.

In my opinion, it’s a waste of
money.  Dealers now are on tight margins, everything is competitive with
everyone asking for a discount, and shopping around for a deal.  So a lot
of dealers now try to flog you “extras”… one of them being paint
protectant finishes.   The other
things they try and sell are…<o:p></o:p>

Scotchgard for the
interior…   The can charge
hundreds for this, and all they do is spray the seats with an aerosol, which
you can buy for £10<o:p></o:p>

GAP insurance… not saying this is
a bad thing… but they will try to charge extortionate prices…  if you want/need it, shop around.  My mate was quoted £400 for three years cover…  he got it for £110 from his own insurance
company.<o:p></o:p>

Waste of time and money, lifeshine is just “okay” in my view save yourself money do it yourself.

Over GAP as for discount it serves to ask the worst they can say is no.

I had the Lifeshine on a new car last year. Not a Mazda but a Skoda. To be honest I couldn’t really tell whether it had been done or not, all new cars look shiney when new anyway. They treat the interior and the glass, again it’s hard to tell if it’s made any difference. Around 9 months on and I have treated the car myself to a polish, I’m just going to do it again then wax and seal. I suppose I could have done all that myself for a fraction of the cost of the lifeshine which was a discounted £200 if I remember. It really was £400 and they discounted it and I pushed for a little more off as there top price was way OTT for what you get.  I wouldn’t bother again. I’ve still got a kit bag full of Autoglym  products unused that came with the deal, I reckon there’s about £50 value in that.

What did you decide? I’m collecting my Graphite in a couple of weeks and was wondering what you need to do with a brand new car to keep it looking great. What colour did you go for? I’ve gone for blue but my family were trying to persuade me to get the red.

Angie

I saw an Aquatic Blue one the road the other day, it’s a colour that really stands out. You should be getting your graphite art print too as the first owner.

Was curious so did some searching to see whether I could find any info about my car. Sounds like you may be the original owner to the 1/500 Sport Graphite I now own!