New MX5 Hawaiian Shirt

From Thompson Automotive (aka Team Voodoo)

https://www.thompson-automotive.com/catalog/item/7142890/10422488.htm

This replaces their NA/NB themed shirt (which I had), and included the ND, including the 30AE rather prominently. The previous shirt was decent quality, US cotton.

Just my sort of thing but only available in one size which is on the large size. I’m guessing that if the shirt fits properly you would be too large to fit in a 5.

I’ve got the FM AE30 hoodie on order but this shirt might be a bit much.   On the other hand though…hmm…

No, they have Medium through to XXL

But note:

They have a pretty generous cut (Hawaiian cut).

Hmm!  On someone my build even the smallest size would fit like a circus tent - Big Top!  I apologise most sincerely for that attempt at a pun!

It does remind me of the wallpaper you’d find on a boy’s bedroom wall though.

Hmm. $62 - i think not ;-(

How much do you pay for shirts then? Mine tend to be £50-100. I avoid the polyester George shirts.

How much?

But then these days I only need casual (cotton) shirts, not ones that go with suits and ties!

I do still have one of the original ones… doesn’t get out much 

Couldn’t resist. Have ordered one. Will post pic if I ever work out how. 

So shirt arrived. Quality good. cost including delivery was 66 pounds. Than got stiffed for another 21 and change by Customs who slapped on VAT and Post Office Delivery who took a cut of my hard-earned as well. Not sure this is the best 90 quid I’ve ever spent. Still roll on summer.

No idea how to get pic on here.  Sorry. 

Are these actually made in Hawai’i? As an avid collector of genuine ‘Aloha’ shirts, (80 at present in the collection with examples from Paradise Found, KY’s, Pacific Legend, Aloha Republic, Reyn Spooner, et al) we only call a shirt 'Hawai’ian or ‘Aloha’ (the preferred term) if it says ‘Made in Hawai’i’ on the label. All else are termed ‘Hawai’ian Style’. As a serious collector, I would obviously like to add an MX-5 themed shirt to my collection, but not if it’s made elsewhere other than the islands.

Is it possible the club could stock some of these shirts at a bit more overall reasonable price,I would buy one.And obviously a lot easier buying experience.
If they are at the show I will def buy one.
All best Simon

Are these hand drawn and then printed? The proportions on the cars looks weird, the grey NC looks vertically squashed and the left and right seats in the 30AE are all angled weird.

Is this some AI generated art that is composed and cheaply printed on some nasty quality shirt?

Exclusive to Thompson Automotive. Nothing to do with the MX5OC.

I had one of their earlier shirts. Extremely high quality I thought.

Ask on Miataforum, as most of the customers will be American.