New MX5 owner and love it!

Hi everyone

I’m a first time MX5 owner (since Saturday) and I have to say I should of done it sooner!

Having the years I’ve been lucky enough to own well over 50 cars, each getting increasingly more expensive and more and more powerful; equally for every new one I bought I was becoming more detached from the experience I was seeking. I decided the happiest I’d ever been was in my early 20s when I built and owned a kit car.

Having test driven a couple of MX5s (nd) I started my hunt for my very own. Luckily I stumbled upon a very special car that had been owned by a very special company for the last few years.

I’m now the proud owner of a 2015 ND with BBRs stage two supercharger. I have to say Neil @BBR gti was excellent and really accomodating through the process.

I don’t know why anyone would want more from a car. It’s so accomplished. Love it!!!

I’m keen to join the owners club and take part in the community. Daft question I live in Hinckley, so mid West Midlands and East Midlands. Which would be the best group to join?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Ian

7 Likes

Hi Ian,
Another Hinckley boy here! Estate behind ASDA… two MX’s in my drive, one opposite and one just a few doors down… we like ‘em around here :rofl:
Area coordinators for North East Midlands region both live in Burbage… you’re surrounded!
Great spec’s model you have there :+1:
Cheers, Tim

When you join the club you are allocated to an area by your post code. You will be free to change it if you want but you would be welcome at any group.

Awesome. Thanks for the steer will register and see you on the road some time!

Would of replied sooner but was busy driving while the weather is still good

Out of interest does the Asda near you do 99 Ron fuel? I think the only option I have is the Esso near the police station?

Ian

I think the only E5 is Upper Bond St garage… because they’re ‘exclusive’ they price accordingly (high)!

A444 Griff Way near to George Eliot is more reasonable price normally, but some distance away… always possible to find an excuse though :wink:

Will keep my eyes open for a spanking-fast ND :+1:

1 Like

Welcome! quick, join and come along to the National Rally on Sunday (you get free entry with membership)

I ‘rejoined’ the club on Saturday too. Similar background used to be on here in NC 3.5 auto ST had lots of more powerful cars - regretting letting the MX5 go.

I am an amputee so pwershift it is (not available on ND ST) picked up 6k miles gt sport RF ND2 in black with tan leather on Saturday.

Lurking around BBR but ND2 stock significantly quicker than my NC. I feel the 200 pack which doesn’t touch the internals will be enough for me.

Good to be back - all the best all
F71C69DF-CDE6-4AB8-A74C-9BA0384B38C3 Medium

4 Likes

Welcome.
Love my car - ND Soul Red.
So much fun to drive.
My local group is brilliant. :clap:- (Northamptonshire) not the one I was assigned to, but easier to get to,
You can be associated with more than one group I think.
Enjoy your MX-5!

1 Like

Welcome! I have a ND2 2L and went for the BBR 200 - alongside mid section and GT exhaust.
Brilliant end result. And I am happy not to have gone for cam changes etc

Thanks Eduardo

Did you remap? - I am keen to do nothing to the engine, most people are ok but I don’t want to induce any reliability issues

Best
Rob

I have joined but unfortunately can’t make the National rally this weekend :disappointed: I’m sure there will be plenty more opportunities in the future

I think I would of gone for this setup if timing was different and starting from a stock car.

Its been years since I’ve ‘just gone for a drive’. Bloomin love it

1 Like

Yes, I did.
I got their Super 200 package for the ND2 (plus exhaust and mid-section).
I was uncomfortable with the remap too, but the slightly higher rev limit is worth it !!!

Excellent news, congratulations. BBR’s are fantastic.
I’m sadly selling my NA BBR. I’m thinning down my MX-5 collection as I have 4 of them including 2 BBR’s and SWMBO is moaning at me.

1 Like

I am thinking oz ultraleggera bronze, BBR catted manifold and centre section, no map, no cams.

I think that’s a good choice. Love the while ones BUT I cleaned them immaculately and drove 5 mins down the road and they were covered in brake dust :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

So in the end I put BBR centre section & the super sport back on the otherwise stock ND2 RF, 184.

Contemplated the GT back and would have probably been happy with it but wanted to lose the 3kg with the super sport.

Even with the standard manifold the super sport is fruity. I am very happy with it as I bought the car to enjoy as a sports car. If it were a daily I think the GT would be more appropriate.

1 Like

That’s certainly very money efficient @GrumpyRF !
Enjoy !