New MX5OC member - West Sussex

Hello everyone

I’m new to the MX5 owners club but am currently enjoying my third MX5. I currently have a 1.8 NB 1999 in British racing green, and have spent the last three months breathing new life into her. I first fell in love with my Eunos roadster in 2008 then had a 2.5 Nevada. My current car had only done 5000 miles in the last 10 years when I got her in June so think shes now ready to be out and about a lot more :smile:

Hoping to meet some of you at the National on Sunday and looking forward to some local meets.

Julie

2 Likes

Hi

Welcome to O.C. membership :handshake:

From 1.8 NB 2005 Orange owner in the West Mids

Particularly delighted that another female owner has been ‘breathing new life’ into an NB :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for the warm welcome Bullit2005 :handshake:

Ooh I love the orange colour! That’s super nice :+1:t3:

I can’t pretend I do all the works on my own, but I have put a new exhaust system on, changed clutch slave and master cylinders and gonna do an oil change on her tomorrow after work ready for the weekend :grin: It feels so satisfying ‘tinkering’ after sitting at a desk all day.

I’m hoping fellow NBs will wave :wave: at me if they see me!

Welcome Julie

I,m hopefully going up on Sunday, what area of West Sussex are you in, My second MX was a Nevada in blue CK03XZF bought from the now defunct Godfreys in southwater.

Hi Julie

Wow…even more impressed with the work you’ve done yourself :grin:

You reminding me of ‘young me’ and tinkering with my Triumph Spitfire Mk IV back in the olden days :older_woman:

I do love a BRG

Don’t worry if other MX-5 owners don’t waive back at you …go figure some owners just don’t get this homage :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you @59Five :handshake:

I live in Chichester and have joined the Solent group :slight_smile:

Ooh that must have been stratos blue like mine! I loved mine, drove like a dream. Only sold her a few months ago as fancied a change.

Thank you @Bullit2005

Oil/oil filter change went swimmingly this evening :grinning:

Ahh the spitfire, I’ve often wondered what they were like to drive, a lovely classic.

My car visited this spitfire today…

… I wish I had waxed and polished her beforehand now!

Hi Julie

Your BRG is Fab-u-lous :heart_eyes:

Here are pics of my Spit. I had to fiberglass the holes that developed in her boot and note the amount of undersealing from the B & W pic to the colour pics. Plus removal of seats to fit new carpets

What were they like to drive etc

Well…in my experience the NB is a much better version of the Triumph Spitfire which is why I bought my NB

Crumbs…let me think…dragging me memory banks and trying to compare the two

I’d go for ‘comfort’. The horsehair in in the Spit seats used to freeze in winter so like sitting on a plank of wood in comparison to the heated seats I have in my 2005 NB
Scraping the snow off the plastic rear window put my hand threw it and then had to drive with quilt over my lap in comparison to the Mohair heated rear window I have in the NB
The Spit was lower to the ground than the NB so more chance of corrosion…they didn’t last long !

My NB still Work in Progress after welding & undersealing. Saving pennies for a Respray

Suppose back in my Triumph Spit days…no Internet so wouldn’t have realized there was a Club out there for Support…it was local garages and 'ooh ‘er missus’

Kindest

Hello @Bullit2005

What a super little car…I love the colour!

That’s really interesting to learn about the horsehair seats. You’re very lucky to have heated seats in your NB… I don’t have that luxury. Ah and I can see what you mean about the underseal. To me it shows that (s)he was looked after, it’s nice you have fond memories of your spit. Thank you for sharing.

I think there’s something satisfying about looking after our NBs… they then make sure they look after us! Well that’s my silly theory anyway :upside_down_face:

I’m so lucky with my car, she’s not been welded (sheltered life) I’ve still got some small dents to remove (I certainly don’t attempt them myself). Last week I had one removed that I worked out from the history she’d got when she was 2 years old, 22 years she’d had that. I did contemplate leaving it she’d had it so long :joy:. Eventually bit of respray work like you to do too but first I’ve got to sort out a niggly and occasional squeak under the bonnet. I’ve already changed the alternator and power steering belts so might see if can get some advice Sunday.

Enjoy your NB!

Go Girl Go

Don’t doubt yourself

Hoping some fellow members will chip in Support

Cos I fink U Amazing

And don’t fret about asking questions on the Site even if they seem ‘silly’

It’s what we here for

Over to fellow members/visitors to support JulieC

Actually…me finking ‘MX-5 O.C’ Article :thinking: