New Owner and Member my car is Old Member but I have little history

Hi All as a new member, I’m interested to see if any of you have came across my car, a true red 2005 NC.
I have very little information about its past, I bought the car from a dealer, spur of the moment thing! I was going to buy next year but saw the car and fell for it!
Is been well looked after, full service but it has also had some mods, K&N induction, Tony Banks custom exhaust, and BK racing wheels, but I have no idea if it was re mapped? have any of you members ever seen this car! do you know any of its history! it has a members badge in the window.

photos below.
IMG_E4258
IMG_E4257 (2)

Hope to join some of the read trips soon.

Mark

2 Likes

Should let you know the REG Number I guess

Hi and welcome !

Sorry I don’t recognise your car but enjoy it anyway.

Thanks Nick, nice cat BTW.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the club. I recall seeing your car on a few Yorkshire Ridings’ runs pre covid but can’t for the life of me remember who owned it. Pretty much all our communications within YR are done through our closed group facebook page so may be worth asking on there.
Sorry that I can’t be more helpful.
Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply, never mind someone might know something, I’m hoping to join in on the YR runs soon, but I don’t do facebook, so I will have to keep an eye on the site for any details, do they have a WhatsApp Group?
Hope to meet up with them soon and see you on a run.
Mark.

Hi Mark, welcome to MX5OC Yorkshire Ridings area, your car looks lovely.
I also do not use Facebook. You could check out another YR site for future runs and there is also a photo archive link, which might have some photos of your car (do you know whether the previous owner had a private reg no on the car?):-

Enjoy driving Yorkshire’s B roads,. If you see me in my grey Mk2.5, then give me a wave, George

Hi George thanks for your message, I will keep a lookout for the information from the link you sent me, hope to see you on a run soon.
Best Regards Mark.

Hi Mark
No Whatsapp I’m afraid, everything is done through FB so unless you have a great objection to it I can only suggest opening a FB account. Then search for MX-5 Owners Club - Yorkshire Ridings. It’s a private group, only YR members allowed to join in, so you will have to apply to join and the area coordinator will admit you after checking to ensure that you are a legit member of YR. Once in you will see notifications for upcoming events with full details and the opportunity to sign up to take part, these usually appear a couple of weeks in advance. I believe that a number of members are only on FB to see YR posts and ignore the rest.
On a separate issue, would I be correct in assuming from your name that you live in Bubwith?
We live just down the road in Market Weighton so we’ll keep an eye out for you when we’re out an about (copper red Mk3 MX54MOR) and give you a wave.
Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave
Thanks for your reply yes I live in Bubwith, so not far from you, I will keep an eye out for you and your car! I will keep an eye out for the next run and will meet up with everyone.
I will have to have a think about FB but to be honest social media has never been high on my mind.
Hope to see you soon best Regards Mark.

1 Like

Hi Mark, I’m not totally sure, but I think your car may have been owned by a member of our True Red MX5 NC Group on Facebook. If you’re interested in joining our unique group, here is a link: Facebook Groups
If you put a photo your car on a post on the group, it’s possible that your cars previous owner may still be a member. Or someone may recognise it.
Cheers Fred S

Hi Fred.
thank you for your message and advise, I’m not a Facebook user and never have wanted to be, personal choice, but it looks like that’s the place to be for the Yorkshire Ridings group and the true red group if I want to meet up and learn more and meet other members! I might let my car have a Facebook page instead!
Cheers Mark

2 Likes