New owner in Lincs!

Morning

I thought I’d introduce myself

Im Steve, and im in the process of buying a NC2.

Lived and worked in Lincolnshire all my life, so really glad there is an active region.

A member of Border Motor Club too, and from a rallying background

Hoping to get to the next club meet when I collect the car.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Steve.
Believe it or not there are some nice driving roads in the county to enjoy your new steed. Have fun.
Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

Thanks Guy.

Yeah, plenty of rough ones but as you say, plenty of good ones too.

I navigated on a classic rally a few weekends ago for a mate in his ND, out near Clowne, and they arent very good out there!

Whereabouts are you in the county Steve?

1 Like

I live in Lincoln itself, and work in Market Rasen. Grew up in the Scunthorpe area.

There are some choice roads around Market Rasen.
The A46 up to Caistor isn’t bad from there. The Caistor high street from Caistor to Baumber is a nice drive along the spine of the Wolds.
Head out of Rasen to Binbrook and there’s an epic stretch of road just beyond Tealby.
I’m also fond of the road between Rasen and Wragby.
One of my favourite circuits from Lincoln is out through Bardney to Baumber. Across the A158 and up on to the bluestone heath road through Hemingsby and Belchford. Over to Ulceby cross and back down past Partney and Spilsby before heading towards Coningsby via East Kirkby and Mareham-le-fen.
From Coningsby/Tattershall I drive through Billinghay, Walcott and Kirkby Green to the pretty village of Scopwick.
Finally I veer left out of Scopwick and take the Broxholme lane back to Bracebridge heath and in to town again.
If you find yourself with a couple of hours to spare it might be worth a try.

Cheers,
Guy

2 Likes

Yes! All cracking roads!

Thanks