New owner in North London

Please allow me to introduce myself with this beauty below.

After a year of deliberating, I finally pulled the trigger. I still remember the feeling when I test drove it a couple of months ago on a fine June afternoon in the Hertfordshire countryside. I could not stop smiling. In many ways, this car is a first for me. My first sports car, my first convertible. I am so glad I came across this particular ND1 in the Soul Red colour and with ridiculously low mileage. Here’s to many happy memories!

Looking forward to meeting other Club members over the coming months!

7 Likes

Soul Red looks lovely…:+1: enjoy.

Welcome to the fold.

If you want to meet some like minded souls then have a look here THE MX-5 NATIONAL 2023 - Home (nationalrally.co.uk) As you are a fully paid up member you will gain entry for the princely sum of zero pounds, absolute bargain, look what is include:

Infield onsite MX-5 display parking
Entry for both driver and passenger
Event gift pack (1 per car)
Open access Museum entry for driver and passenger on the day.

See you there.
:heart:

Looks amazing. Are you in Hertfordshire? There are a few of us lurking in these forums now. I think a meet and spin might be in order

A warm welcome to you from a fellow Norff Londoner!

welcome also from a North West Londoner with the same colour car and wheels. ND1 also.

Welcome to the club Grammidi from just off J17 of the M25, looks like you found your self a cracker there.

I remember a similar experience when I test drove my NBFL, Madge, with 60k on five years ago, felt like she was screaming ‘take me home !’, been a marvelous 60k of countless smiles per miles since then, wishing you the same.

Not sure which area group you fall under but I am sure the North Thames group will be more than welcoming, they next meet on Wednesday 26th 18:30 at The Eagle, Kelvedon Hatch, CM15 0AA.

They have a fish and chip run planned for 19th August and will be doing an over night run to Gaydon for the National Rally leaving on Sept 16th. Contact Adam Gill ffi norththamesATmx5oc.co.uk

Care duties not withstanding should be at the Eagle with Madge (below) on the 26th…

PS Madge at Lynmouth on one of many scenic diversions, to or from Tesco’s in Watford ! it happens :wink:

1 Like

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I believe I fall under the West London club area, although I also follow the North Thames events, which I am very keen to join.

But first things first: where do folks in this area take theirs for a wash? I am looking for a place that knows how to care for a soft top and I am not sure I would trust my local “scratch-and-shine”.

Bucket and sponge for me, there is a lady down the road who has an immaculate Boxster, she has someone come round and clean it, next time I see him I’ll get his number, if that is helpful.