New owner in the North west

Good evening

Firstly I hope we’re all well and in the best of health!
I’ve just this last week collected my brand new ND2 MX-5 and absolutely blown away with the car.
I went with an RF Sport Tech 2.0 Manual in Polymetal Grey, modified with eibach pro springs, eibach 15mm spacers, Zunsport lower black grille, side markers and as of spring next year, a front splitter.
Managed to fit all my emergency kit in it other than the 20 ton 5m tow strap I’d usually wrap around the spare wheel in the boot of previous cars :smile:

I respect the current conditions but cannot wait for meets to start happening again and begin enjoying the car, our country and it’s ever growing fan base.
Could I ask, how do normal events take place? Are they driving with a few stops or a static meet up and chat?
Many thanks
Connor Duckworth

2 Likes

Hello Connor

If you plan to keep your car for a good few years then one of the first jobs necessary
is Dinitrol rust prevention.
I recommend CBS Autos Ecroyd Street Nelson BB9 7BJ 01282 697413 ask for Carl.
I have been a customer of Carl since my first MX5 10 years ago.

Regards

Keith

3 Likes

Hi Keith

Cheers for letting me know about this! I’m not one to change every two minutes as Id like to create good memories in it and hopefully take it around Europe (not anytime soon).
Is this prevention something expensive or not?
Cheers
Connor

Hello Connor
I do not think rust prevention on a brand new MX5 is expensive, what does get
expensive is replacing rusted/corroded sills, wheel arches etc.
Mazda see fit to ignore rust prevention on the MX5 production line.
There are numerous postings on the Forum on rust prevention.
Just go & see Carl, great guy says it like it is, definitely good value for money.
Cheers
Keith

Hello Keith.
Is it worth doing to a 10 year old car in good condition

Good luck with finding any OC organised meets in the Northwest i don’t think the NWOC exists any more.
Post again when this covid stuff relaxes or goes away as there are a few none OC meets going on.

2 Likes

Where in the North West are you? The North Wales MX-5 group is fantastic and does some really good runs, after this year i’m sure some further afield will be planned too.

Hello Bob
Yes, but check all the rust prone areas before spending money on anything other than rust prevention.
It amazing how an MX5 can look magnificent body wise but closer inspection
can reveal a rust bucket, sills, wheel arches…
Regards
Keith

1 Like

Hi Connor,

Happy new MX and welcome to the North West OC.

We are a very active area with regular Sunday runs, club driving holidays, social meetings and car shows. Unfortunately due to Covid everything is on hold but hope to resume in the spring if able.

You can keep updated on our facebook page, North West MX-5 Owners Club or on the North West section on this website.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime in the future.

Steve, Joint AC North West.

2 Likes

Thanks Keith, thanks for reply it seems very good for a 10 year old car, but I will have good look at the points you mention
Thanks

I also would recommend CBS autos. Nearly 2 years ago, I had the full Dinitrol treatment done to my NC MK3.5 2.0 LTR SPORT-TECH by them and I am very happy with the job and the price!

1 Like

It certainly is. When I bought my 60 plate NC Mk3.5 2.0Ltr Sport-tech a couple of years ago, I had the car fully checked over and they said that it was in imaculate condition. It had done less than 6,000 miles at the time and had been dry stored for most of each preceding year. I was advised that the best way to keep the car in such good condition, especially underneath, was to have the car fully treated with Dintrol products. I had been recommended to take the car to CBS Autos, in Nelson. Carl gave my car the full inter panel an underneath treatment with the various Dintrol products. I would highly recommend them for this work. Although, I do know that Carl is experienced in a sorts of work on MX5’s. They’re his speciality.

1 Like

A very happy new year to you all!!

I had a fantastic drive through Cumbria and the Yorkshire Dales on Monday (28th Dec) with a few friends, following all the stresses of Christmas it was great to unwind! Now with all the mods complete, I’m so happy with how it turned out, even more so with how it drives on winter tyres!!
A few pictures below just before we dropped down toward Reeth (near Richmond).

3 Likes