New Owner, New Member

The bobble hats work at the maximum legal uk speed with the roof down.

@booktrunk yes, I think I need something that cover the ears, was definitely not prepared on this front :smiley:

Definitely prefer a beanie, but a cap does stay on at national speed limit if it is tight. I’ve never had an issue with a cap staying on through spirited driving, but my ears do get a little cold :cold_face:

Edit: Also, WELCOME!

@RustyNB We didn’t get the car for the speed, but still I think I’ll stick to the beanie, and maybe a larger windblocker too.

1 Like

Panda1 be careful as it’s addictive - started with a lovely Cherry Red 57 plate MX-5 that only had 32k on the clock two years ago to upgrading to an Orange 30th Anniversary edition late last year (much to the wife’s annoyance!).

Hello penfoldmedic… And welcome! You might like to start your own thread here…! :slight_smile:
Rob

@penfoldmedic The Orange one is amazing, hopefully one day or rather sooner as it’s hard to get back the wheel from my wife :rofl:

The next to figure out is a suitable open top driving music selection…

Welcome! They are an addictive drive. Love mine!
I always wave - you never know!

1 Like

@elaine-mccarthy :wave:

I find the best soundtrack for open top driving is very much influenced by weather and travelling speed.

Hi l joined just before pandemic when l bought my nd2 rf, sadly haven’t been to any club meetings or away trips but driving the car is fantastic. Went down from Glasgow to Jim Clark motor museum in my mx5, loads of wonderful winding country roads which truly show you why you bought this brilliant little sports car- the museum was pretty good too.:grinning: Ben 66

@Christophe1 Yes, and for now I feel like just listening to the birds is best.

2 Likes

@RustyNB Yes, so we are gaining a bit of experience with the top down thing, and now I understand the cap is for sunny days, and the beanie is for the cold ones.

2 Likes

@ben06 Cheers, we’ll check those roads when going that way. This car is just amazing fun already.

1 Like

A good scenic area in Essex is the back lanes of the “ Lavers “ Drop in on ‘Moreton’ and ‘Matching Green‘ two good old pubs to be found Or even the John Barleycorn ( matching laver ) Then finish up for a pizza in Epping high street…

The Hood down heated seats on hot air turned to maximum and you are like a bug in a rug even on a cold day… the soft top cars take about 3 seconds to put the hood up So a change in the weather is of no consequence. There’s no mechanics to go wrong But given the quality build of the Mazda hard top cars shouldn’t be any problem too… For those of you in Kent My favourite village is Chilham ‘near Canterbury‘ Park in the medieval square and take a walk to the ‘end’ of Mountain Street ( about 1 mile) it’s a ‘no through road‘ so . ( no traffic just peace and quiet ) Then back to Chilham and lunch in the Woolpack

1 Like