New Supercharger Kit for Mk3's from BBR?

Agree on many points made there. Interesting 0-60 times, I’ve a 190 (near as dammit) mk3 and I’ve not ever timed it so that’s good to know. For me, 60 -100 is the sweet spot up above 4k, always makes me smile. Then there’s the anticipation and preparation required to being that zone for overtakes etc, keeps me interested anyway

2 Likes

I think 300 in my turbo BBR is too many for a road car. The previous BBR200 was Just Right as is a current NB210. 300+ is for a track MX5, preferably with downforce and a better driver than me.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think that for my application (a smile on my face on public roads, a few track days to improve my understanding of the limits of the car and my driving skills) anything above 200bhp would be a waste of money.

4 Likes

The dedicated track NB I’m building will be tuned to only produce 220hp and 220lb/ft. I will be capable of getting that to maybe 90% of its capabilities and it will be as reliable as a road car would be and way cheaper on consumables than 300hp. Just sayin’.

2 Likes