New to Miata in East Sussex

Hi, new to the world of the Miata, just joined up tonight. Owned a 2017 1.5 Sport Nav ND two weeks. Already in love with it. !
Top down 80% of my time with it so far.
Added red LED lights in the footwell and boot so we can actually see, ACC power link from mx5things and sealed the paint. Hoping to take small tours in the U.K. and graduate to touring in Europe.

image|666x500

7 Likes

Welcome to the club, hope you enjoy your Mazda MX5!
Miata is a nasty American product. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Welcome all new owners, no matter what they choose to call their car, whether MX-5, Miata or Roadster.

I own a Eunos Roadster

1 Like

I had no idea, thank you for the correction.
All I can think about at the moment is when I can drive it next. I had two 626s in the late 90’s that I loved and I’ve realised that I haven’t enjoyed any cars made by anyone else that I’ve owned.

Welcome, have seen many of your posts over on the East Sussex FB page

1 Like

Welcome Cristaples
I see the Belle Tout Lighthouse :face_with_monocle:
We were there in 2015 with our NC.
Beautiful road :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you.
We have some fantastic Roads from Eastbourne to Seaford and through to the village of Alfriston and on to Arlington reservoir, it was my first run in twighlight on my way home the day we got the ND, scared my brother-in-law a bit on the high’n’over section near Alfriston.

Lovely twisty places!

Hi and welcome.
Your ND is what I would replace my NC for if I had to. Best colour. How is the 1.5 engine?

1 Like

Loving it. I’ve not driven a performance car before but I scared myself a little a couple of evenings ago. Took it along a couple of long bends at about 80 with the top down and poured a bit more on when it straightened up and it really made me grin.
Got home and just stood back looking at it in awe.
It sounds great as well. Stock exhaust but it’s gorgeous. I’m off out to work in it in a few minutes!:grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Ah ah, I can relate to that. I was so smitten on the test drive, that I forgot to carry out half of the checks required when buying second hand.
Luckily for me, the car is as fantastic as it felt on the drive.

Thanks for confirming that the ND 1.5 has plenty enough go.

1 Like

With the cost of fuel and my wife being concerned with the environment I wouldn’t really want a 2 litre. I read a lot beforehand about the differences and found the 1.5 to be perfect for our roads and needs. East Sussex doesn’t need to be a racetrack, but it’ll fly if I push it. Plus there’s always BBR’s Super 160 if I get cravings.

1 Like

I too found the ND 1.5 perfectly fast enough. It’s also extremely agile, well balanced and gives excellent fuel economy. Overall a joy to drive. I think for anyone interested in track days then the 2.0 is probably better, but for most the 1.5 is more than adequate.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’m used to driving a van as my daily, I want this car to give me the chance to enjoy driving again, I’m now encouraged to actually go somewhere and take trips to enjoy roads and scenery in Scotland and Wales , hopefully Southern Ireland and eventually into Europe as far as Poland and Austria, maybe even into Italy or Croatia. In a previously boring car I wouldn’t have entertained the idea but now I’m interested and track days aren’t my thing.
It’s a shame it’s wet this week, was going to waxoil it this weekend.

1 Like

Every time I go out in the car the rain stops. It’s like I’ve got someone watching over me. Only had to put the top up on the way home today, went out twice yesterday to take photos and gave a run on my own, then with my wife to Seaford for the beach in the wind, I keep getting lucky. Plus the moody skies make for great photos and a bit of editing enhances it.

I’ve managed to get two extra cans of tyre puncture sealant and jump leads into the little space in the trunk behind the panel. Learning to live with the reduced shopping space and laughing about how we can’t buy much when we are out, though my wife likes to sit forward leaving a large gap behind the passenger seat, looks like touring will be a little easier because of that. I could get a tent and a double sleeping bag behind there!

4 Likes

I took my first driving holiday with mine last month, to Cornwall. Every road I drove on became the best in the world. Never a dull moment.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the exhaust has got more of a “thrum” in the month I’ve owned it, lower pitched, might just be the placebo effect of enjoying myself way more than I thought I would.
Van Halen appears to make it go faster too!

Reading a lot of different threads on here I can see a brilliant community spirit and out in the real world I’ve had a few waves and smiles.

Very happy with my 1.5, having to work it a bit to keep up with a Saab earlier while a Peugeot tried his luck over my shoulder was fun and left the pug giving up and hanging back. My wife even whooped a bit as we pushed a bit harder and she’s a vegan tree hugger!

This is exactly what I wanted to enjoy in a car.

1 Like