New to OC and MX5s

Hi all,

New to club/forums, MX5’s and cars not on lease (really a motorcylist)! Having survived my early life crisis and return to the UK after 7+ years abroad I decided to treat myself. Took lots of searching, a spreadsheet and a 400 mile round trip im now the proud 4th owner of an 08 MX5 NC 2.0 Sport PRHT in stormy blue with 55k on the clocks.

It seems to be stock and in good mechanical condition with almost full service history, definitely drives lovely and feels tight - from the reciepts the previous owner didn’t skimp, its never failed an MOT! Cosmetically it could do with a little love, although I’ll make a post about that.

I was supposed to take some pictures today while out enoying the Devon country roads but I was having too much fun to stop and snap a few, il add some when the weather clears up next.

Thanks for having me, and the wealth of knowedge here about these wicked cars!

Looking forward to some meets and being apart of this community, cheers!

8 Likes

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire, and congratulations on entering the wonderful world of MX-5… Look forward to seeing some pics and you’ll find this to be a friendly club with good advise… and occasional banter…!

Rob

2 Likes

Welcome from Derby. Looking forward to seeing pics :grinning:

1 Like

Hey there,

Well it looks like you have been rewarded for the effort you put in your search, and you are in the right place for advice too.

Welcome.

1 Like

Hi and welcome !

1 Like

Welcome. That stubby will make it drive even better. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome from Devon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome from Cambridgeshire (and Northampton Meeting - very friendly).
i enjoy this forum - so varied.

1 Like

Welcome to the MX5 fraternity from North of the Border. Hope you enjoy before the weather turns & as others have said plenty of advice available on here.

Steven

1 Like

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! As promised some (very amature) pictures from today’s adventure. Luckily no rain, just very grey and windy. Still getting giggles in the twisties :smiley:

6 Likes

Wow they are fantastic, where were they taken?

1 Like

Thank you! These where taken at Slapton Sands along the A379 in Devon, really lovely roads on either side although tractors and small villages aplenty.

2 Likes

1 Like

Taken on the way back to Dunkeswell after lunch on the beach at South Sands, Salcombe.
It was a baking hot day about 5 or 6 weeks back - so hot I had to hold the canopy open while my mate was taxiing the plane.

1 Like

What an incredible picture! Sounds like a lovely trip, I had no idea there was an air field in salcombe!

I used to drive past salcombe and across that lovely straight at slapton fairly regularly, as one of my go to ‘want to drive/ride but no where to go’ routes. Something like the map below, either finishing in Totnes or Paignton with the option of jumping on the A38 back towards Plymouth.

1 Like

Went for another joyride yesterday with top down unfortunately that kind of weather didnt carry over today. This time to the other coast, Widemouth bay from Roborough taking the scenic route of course!

Was having a lovely coffee wishing Id brought a surfboard until some barstool parked (un-necissarily) close making getting back in to the car much harder than it needed to be.

The more im getting familair with the car (and driving RHD again) the more im falling in love. Im not sure my motorbike will be seeing much use next summer :joy:

3 Likes

The airstrip att Salcombe is the old RAF Bolt Head.
It’s just above South Sands and is a 15 minute walk down…
Imho, the best Devon roads are around Winkleigh Hatherleigh and Torrington.
Instow makes a great destination.

1 Like

I looked at the photos and thought slapton sands and I made me chuckle when you said it was. I visited that area many years ago a loverly part of the country.

1 Like

Where in Devon are you 'cos there are quite a few of us about here?

2 Likes

Ahh I didnt last long in the ATC so thats my excuse for my ignorance :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:thank you for the recommendations, next time the sun is out il head out that way.