New to the club

Hi all,

I am new to the club and wanted to come to some local meets. However, I know absolutely nobody. I was wondering who else was local to me that would be willing to meet up and get acquainted with and is looking to go to any meets. I would like to go to the national rally as well, I thought it would be nice to go to a local meet first to get to know some people so that when I go there are some familiar faces. I am in Ashby-De-La-Zouch, about 10 minutes from Donnington Park.

Feel free to drop me a message or a comment on any details of any meets happening soon.

Many thanks

Cam.

P.s Here is a photo of my Mx5 for anyone wanting to see it. 

Welcome to the forum, just go along, I’m sure you will be made very welcome

Welcome  Enjoy the forum 

Shame I was at Donington last Thursday evening, you could have come along and sad hi… (Donington isn’t my local)

As Don said, just bob along to a local meet in my experience we’re a friendly bunch! 

Hi and welcome to the club!

Best to just go along to a couple of meets, everyone will be very friendly.  Your area coordinator should be able to provide a list of dates/events.  I think there is some info here that may help:

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst22457_About-the-MX-5-Owners-Club-North-East-Midlands-Area.aspx

Next local meeting is at the coopers arms weston on trent next thursday [not tomorrow]. The main thing is to just join in everyone is friendly, if you sit at the back shy and don’t speak you probably won’t get much out of it, the secret is to mix in and talk to people they are a very friendly bunch, put your name down for any runs or pub meets you fancy. I don’t know if we have a run to the rally yet but i’m sure it will be mentioned at the meet or on here, [you could start a thread on here yourself]