New Years Day Run-Slimbridge?

Anyone fancy a run to see the Ducks and other Waterfowl at Slimbridge on New Years Day, if so meet up at Tog Hill at 1000 hrs departing 1015’ish hrs. Bring the Xmas leftovers or eat there, wear the present you got from that long lost forgotten relative ?.

Thanks for the invitation Howie.

We have friends staying for the New Year so cannot make this otherwise would have been most interested.

Have a great New Year celebration and catch up soon. Party

I’ll be down Stroud/Nailsworth that afternoon.

I might spot a few of you hanging around the area. Unless you all want a mini meet at Forest Green Rovers ground :slight_smile:

Oops! forgot to say let us know if your interested, thank you and a Happy New Year to all including Harriers9, hope your team wins.

Sorry, run cancelled due to lack of commitment.

Just got back from Tog Hill no one there. Cry I didn’t check forum to see it was cancelledEmbarassed

Liz (Swindon liz) and I had planned to go but she was not up when I knock on Sunday morning, Liz had the directions on her phone so I just had to hope for the best went out looking for Tog Hill, did find a B&B of that name just of the A420 but did not see anyone in the area, Still it was nice to do a few roof down miles to blow away the festive cobwebs, pity I spilt my coffee over the passanger seat though (that will take a while to dry out).

Prehaps I need to be more organised in future.

Hi HJ2

I used to organise cycle rides, and what I often found was that even if people didn’t say “I’ll be there”, often people just turned up either at the start, at the end, or somewhere on the way!

So I never cancelled - just gave up when the anti-car brigade went out of theier way to be unpleasant and caused the numbers to be reduced!

Happy new year

It was all rather short notice (24 Hrs) at that time of year, so not really pointing the finger at anyone. Anyway hey ho, gives me more drive to organise myself and others.