Newbie from Chelmsford, Essex

Hi everyone,
I have persuaded my mum to let me get her MK1 back on the road after it sitting idle for approx 3 years so thought it be a sensible move to join this forums and see what you guys have been working on! Looking forward to sharing progress with you and all hopefully learning a few things from you along the way.

I don’t have a photo of the car at the moment but will be sure to upload one soon. For info though it’s a black MK1 Eunos 1.8

Speak soon!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum !

Hi and welcome from Nottinghamshire… Great persuasive work on your mum too! You’ll find this a friendly place and you’ll not be short of information and advise as you prepare your Mk1 NA for the roads… :slight_smile:
Rob

Welcome from south of the river. From a NA and NC owner!

Hello and welcome from not far from Chelmsford :+1:

Welcome to the club… go use your smartphone as get that photo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I look forward to sharing my project with you very soon!

1 Like

:sweat_smile: will do within a week or so! Cars still at my parents so have limited access to it at the moment

So I said would post some photos when I got a chance to take some so here they are
Little progress made since my last post - in need of a new battery so I can see if she will start.
Paint seems to have blistered whilst under a cover, must been excess heat.

3 Likes

Hi Guys. Little update.
Fitted a battery, topped to the oil and water and she started perfectly however noticed that the engine is stuttering / hesitating under heavy load which I expect is either plugs, leads, injectors(?), old fuel?

Have an MOT booked for Monday.

Checked the underside for corrosion - the usual discolouring of suspension components but couldn’t see anything major. All of the main chassis looked sound.

Just hope there wasn’t any hidden rust. There has never been an advisory for corrosion, so would be surprised if significant rust had occurred whilst under cover for 3 years, or am I being too hopeful?

Brakes were rusty but worked okay and got better after a few miles.

Will update on Monday following the MOT!

1 Like

Some photos after I cleaned and t cut the car. Still needs a lot of work. Paint was in poor

condition.

MOT complete.
Failed. Not concerned about the majority of the items however slightly concerned about the corrosion.
Just waiting for a quote!