Newbie from Essex says hello

My understanding is that the local section of the Club meet there on the last Wednesday of each month at 6,30 onwards, The name of the pub where the meet takes place is the one on the Main road that lays back, with its quite large car park in front of it With the entrance and exit on the main road ( the one leading to Ongar from Brentwood) I will look the name Of the Pub up and get back to you this evening If you ever want to go to a meeting I would meet you there. The venue is about the same distance for each of us I believe, Be something to do for an hour or so, … maybe meet a few others, lastly I will do a bit of checking up. Because this lockdown caused a bit of a gap between meetings. I phoned the pub and the landlady confirmed that the Essex club do meet there … but said that the meetings were interrupted because of the lockdown etc. I will check to make sure that it is back up and running and let you know, At the moment for a few more weeks it might be “ outside service “ only. So we might not be able to meet up until the next May Meet . I will be in touch before then
Best regards Ray …

Thanks Ray. The pub is called The Eagle, it used to be my local and I still go there quite often for meals.

Small world eh?

It might be worth waiting until May anyway as it will be lighter in the evening (and warmer).

1 Like

Hi again from Ray … The Pub is called “The Eagle“. Kelvedon Hatch CM15 0AA Should you want to go to see what it’s like I think it’s best that we both wait until it opens properly Probably on the 17th May, I go to another fantastic Essex pub twice a week during the lunch session. The “”WOODMAN”” just outside Ongar… Really old Essex Pub very good food too, So if you are looking for somewhere to take the missus you won’t go far wrong with the woodman. Anyway all the very best take care keep safe. Ray from Essex …

1 Like

Yes I agree… May it is then…