Newbie from Essex says hello

Hi,

I got my Mk 3.5 2 litre Sport Tech hard top in November. To hell with lockdown!!!

It’s my first convertible and i’m loving it, even in the cold weather. I’ve had the top down on several occasions, it’s such a buzz!

My previous cars range from a Fiesta XR2i to a Subaru Impreza WRX. Probably the closest in feel to the MX5 has been a Mitsubishi FTO.

Looking forward to warmer and dryer weather when i can try turning the traction control off for i bit more fun.

6 Likes

Welcome to the club! Spring is not far off now so not long to wait for the extra fun…

Hello and welcome from South Essex!
PS: That’s a Mk.4 behind your Mk.3.5 isn’t it? Not yours?

Hello and welcome from North Nottinghamshire… Nice car, though I’m biased, so prefer the ND in the background! :slight_smile: Rob

The photo is from the place i bought mine, Prestige Vehicle Consultants. They mainly sell low mileage MX5s, hence the other one in the background. Although mine is 11 years old, it had only done 30,000 miles.

Although I bought my ND2 from elsewhere… PVC do seem to keep a stock of really nice MX-5’s… From some of the posts I have read on here, think they have a good reputation… Rob

Welcome to the fold, might see you about as I’m from Essex

Welcome from West Essex.

Welcome and great colour by the way :+1:

Thanks everyone. Hope to see some of you when the restrictions are over.

Welcome from Essex :+1:

Welcome! Nice looking car

Another welcome from Essex here . I took ours out today ( charge the battery officer) beautiful early spring sunshine with top down , fantastic.

1 Like

Just went out to recharge the car’s and my batteries. Good to be able to push it a bit more now the the roads are dry.

2 Likes

Lovely car you have there, I note that you owned a FTO You are better off with what you have got. I owned several GTO’s ( the big brother of the FTO ) good fun but had some serious faults . It’s Better and more pleasure owning my lovely MX5 NC A smile a minute with the roof down, …

Hi, I am from Essex too. Just joined the club a few weeks ago I am in the Epping Area Essex is a large county how far are you from Essex be careful with your reply. I am looking for someone to show me how to use this web site a bit better. I’m no youngster but still got my faculties But cannot get the format for using this web site At the moment. Anyone near Epping. ‘ HELP ‘ !!! Plenty of tea and biscuits and a very nice village pub 200 yards away … best regards from Ray near Epping Essex…

The FTO was pretty fault free and good fun if a bit hard riding for UK roads. It had a 2 litre V6, the smallest V6 ever apparently. The GTO is a completely different beast with all the latest tech thrown at it, too much to go wrong i guess?

I’m from Chelmsford, so not all that near. I’m no expert with this forum yet.

Do you want to post a picture?

1 Like

I’m also new to this club. It seems a good club to be with… I have an almost concourse MX5 Garaged from new never been out in the wet. Never used in winter, Not even a stone chip or mark on the entire body But the problem is. I haven’t a clue about how to send photos of my car. I am too old to understand the internet jargon But I would like to show pictures of my car If anyone in the epping area wants to drop by for coffee or beer and show me the ropes Anyway, coming from Chelmsford You are probably in the same section as myself. And we may meet at the pub venue in Kelvidon hatch at which time you might help to show me what I need to do to send pictures of my car along with a post, etc. Thanks for replying Best regards from Ray Hill Epping Essex …

I lived in Kelvedon Hatch for 20 years, so i know it very well. Is there a meet up there soon?