Newbie here, coming across to the dark side! (MG TF long term owner)

Hi All, just joined the forum today, seems like a great resource!

Picked up my beautiful MX5 Venture Sport Edition Coupe yesterday - not entrirely sure of the colour, it’s a very dark sparkly blue. Having previously owned a chystal white MG TF LE500, the deep dark blue of the MX5 is the reason for the headline - that and the fact the members over at Mg-Rover.org would say I was sleeping with the enemy lol :smiley:

It really is night and day, the MX5 is so smooth and well built. I love my MG (still have her as a project car) but the difference is quite something. Looking forward to many years of Mazda motoring.

5 Likes

Welcome, very nice edition, I viewed a similar model before buying another model. That was in Titanium Flash colour, the other colour these editions came in is yours, Deep Crystal Blue. Both colours sparkle in the sun.
Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Welcome.

Nothing wrong with having both. The later TF weren’t a bad car at all. I think the bad name of the early cars (different suspension and overheating problems) clouds some peoples opinions.

Welcome, Minty, and happy Miata-ing! That’s a nice colour. I hope you get lots of sun where you are to make the colour stand out and sparkle!

David

1 Like

Thanks.

I love my TF as well - it’s great fun to drive and looks lovely, but it is a car of its time when compared to the MX5 having not really been modernised since the nineties. The LE500 is one of the slightly newer Chinese owned models and the N Series upgrades to the head finally resolved the HGF issues. The suspension is better than earlier models as well but it still has a complex cooling system prone to issues.

It’s really nice to get into a car which feels modern and the electric hard top is a revelation :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome. Great car. Gorgeous colour - deep, dark, mysterious and sparkly too!

Have you thought of joining your local area meet? Social, events, like minded people…

I’m sure you’d have lots of interest in your car!

1 Like

An excellent choice of Model and Colour and your MX5 will give you "Miles of Smiles":slightly_smiling_face:
I’m not sure which area you are in but if you are ever down our way, feel free to make contact with Solent Area, as you would be most welcome to join any of our drives and events😉

1 Like

Lovely looking car, There is a wealth of knowledge and a great archive of previous experience on here.
If you are thinking it’s a keeper do yourself a favour and check out posts on
Scuttle grommets
Rust prevention and
Engine oil level.

They really are an enjoyable place to be.

Welcome from Central Scotland

Enjoy your new purchase. Looks fab. I am a little biased as I have the same model, year & colour

Steven

1 Like

Great advice, thanks!

Great colour! Welcome to the Club and wishing you many years of happy motoring :checkered_flag:

1 Like

Lovely choice of car, I also have this model
Welcome and enjoy

Hey Minty. Welcome. I did exactly the same thing! A couple of years ago I was looking for an affordable summer car and got myself a Trophy Blue MGTF. Sadly, while I liked the MG, I didn’t love it. It didn’t engage with me. A friend of mine popped over in an

MX5 and offered me a spin round the block. I was smitten. Within 2 weeks I had found a 2010 NC and sold the MG. I totally agree, the MX5 is night and day to the MF. I had a BBR 200 conversion add to my NC and now I am totally in love! Any excuse to get out and drive. My little MX5 is a keeper. I hope you will feel the same about yours. Enjoy

1 Like

Hi there & welcome! Beautiful looking car & colour, that would for sure have been my next choice if I hadn’t bought my Gorgeous True Red NC 1. Enjoy & hopefully see you on the road!

Welcome to the group. I have come a similar route having owned a TF in the past. Then a mk 2 MX-5 and now a mk3.75.

p.s. don’t forget to wave :wave: