Newbie Mk2.5 in Manchester

Hi All
Having joined the OC late last year I thought it was about time we introduced ourselves and our 2004 Mk 2.5 1.8 Sport, which we bought in November 2020.
The car had languished for a few years in the garage where my daily driver is serviced and belonged to a family member of the business owner. It had done 64k and like most Mk 2’s, it looked mostly ok from the outside, but the usual rust issues were all lurking! After agreeing a price, and after putting in lots of graft (and probably too much money!) it has been on the road for just over a month now and we love it. The chassis rails, front wings and rear arches have all been replaced, (with the welding done by the garage, not me!) and it has had a full respray in the original Classic Red. The wheels have been refurbed and painted metallic grey as a slight change from the original silver.
My experience with spanners is limited, and I would never have attempted this without the resource of the OC and this forum. I knew nothing about MX5’s but the collective experience of people who have worked on these cars has been invaluable. I was also struck by the sheer enthusiasm of the owners and the fun that is to be had from them, regardless of model.
Having never previously been in an MX5, this was something of a shot in the dark for us, but we’ve had a few roof-down rides out and I can now say we understand exactly what you are talking about! There’s still work I want to do on the car but for now, we’re enjoying it. :grinning:

Hope we can join you on a few meets and events soon!
Cheers, Graham & Gwen (that’s Mrs G’s name, not the MX5!)

4 Likes

Hello and welcome from Nottinghamshire. Your MX-5 is looking good :slight_smile:
Rob

Hello from Haslingden. Thats a nice looking car

Looks great , welcome from Essex👍

Looks good. Welcome from a fellow Manchester owner. Mine is a NC.

Looks cracking. Nice colour combination. Welcome aboard to you all. I know you’ll enjoy the car even more when the weather warms up and you can get more top down miles under your belts.
Hopefully you’ll get chance to share some of your adventures with us.
Cheers,
Guy

That’s a nice little red beauty.

Welcome from sunny Cheshire! Looks great - nice that you have managed to it looking so good.

Be nice to come to some meets when we can, as i am sure lots pf people will like to chat about your experience getting the car like it is.

Enjoy the driving and keep it clean!

Hello and welcome from Hertfordshire! Like the wheel choice too.

Welcome and well done it looks great, I’m sure you’ll love it. Dave.

Just thought you ought to know. :wink: :wink:
https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/mk-2-c-377.html

Very welcome to you all! I have to say, the wheels look cracking like that. I’ve been trying to work out what to do with mine, as they need a good deal of TLC! Stripping and painting fresh has been high on the list of options, but it didn’t occur to me to go for a different shade…

I may have a new route forward with that part of the project! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: