Newbie to MX5

Hi Everyone,
I’m a newbie on here. Just bought my first MX5, have wanted one for years . So far loving the experience, have a ‘cheshire cat’ grin on my face the whole time I’m driving. Definitely will be the only car I’ll ever drive now

12 Likes

Welcome Curly Sue, have lots of happy motoring in the future.:grin::grin:

Good to hear you’re enjoying your car.
Welcome aboard :wave:

Welcome. There are lots of '5s which one did you get?

1 Like

It’s a basic SE L nav 1.5

2 Likes

Hi Sue,
Welcome to the owners club, My husband John and I are joint members of the Solent region, I had a mk4 but changed back to the Mk3,75, sadly at this moment not many event events going on, like us just enjoy your 5 when ever you can…Here I am at the 2019 national, I might add that is not my husband with the arm around me…but the Mazda UK MX5 Brand Manager Steven Bird, along with Robert Marsh, John Benson.

1 Like

Thanks for all your messages, really looking forward to when they can have meetings again, so we can chat about our wonderful cars.

Snap.

Welcome to our happy band!

About 5 years ago, I realised that since my 3rd ever car (a 1973 Opel Manta SR) when I was 21, I’d not bought a single car that I really desired - they’d all just been bought to do a particular job or to fit my budget at the time.

I also realised that I’d never owned a convertible, so within the month I bought a lovely, low-mileage NB and proceeded to “Iconise” it with wooden wheel, handbrake, gearknob, dash, leather seats and hardtop. When it had done 70k+ I accepted an offer to swap it for a very clean Peugeot 206CC with only 30k on it. It was OK, but after the roof stuck in the down position for the 2nd time, I bit the bullet and bought a 2.0 NC Icon. Love it so far, and the only things I’ve bought for it so far is the hardtop - soon to be wrapped in “carbon fibre” vinyl (bargain at £500 + £150) a pair of OE foglights including switch (£125 Ebay) a spare set of wheels + winter tyres (£120 + £180 fitted) and there’s a set of Bilsteins to be fitted at MOT time because one of the springs is a bit tired.

Any modding plans for yours? WARNING - it can be addictive!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

… and yes the modding is a slippery slope once started ha!

Hi Curly Sue
I’m glad your enjoying your new car, you’ll have loads of fun in it. I bought a mk3.5 with a private plate on it that might suit you if you want one. It’s SU51 NUG just right for Suzanne ( Suzi ).

Hi, that sounds interesting. How much do you want for the plate?

Hi, I was looking at £795 but I’m open to offers. The plates are on retention and I have a pair of plates that you could fit once registered in your name.[quote=“Curly_Sue, post:12, topic:115918, full:true”]
Hi, that sounds interesting. How much do you want for the plate?
[/quote]

Hi, I was looking for £795 but I’m open to offers. I have posted a photo of the plates, hopefully it’s gone on the forum.
Thanks
John

Hi Sue i am a newish member i have a Mark 1 MX5 an old one but love driving it . i am looking forward to when we can meet other members again
enjoy your car
:grin:

2 Likes

That looks VERY nice!!

lovely car :grin:

Hi, John-zubic, would you consider £700?

Hi Suzanne
I would accept £700 thanks. Please give me a ring on 07500 405703.
Thanks
John

2 posts were split to a new topic: Need a car cover