Newby and Lotherton Hall - Sports Cars in the Park

This has just come in from Chris the organiser - (Peaks & Pennines plan to attend on May 5th only at the moment, but things could change !!)

Hi,

I am happy to announce that we will be holding 3 events in 2019. Lotherton Hall has moved to mid-year and we will be returning in Autumn to Newby Hall. The size of our events has created a problem in finding suitable venues. It is a nice problem to have and I am amazed at how my little events have grown over the years. I would like to thank all the display car owners and people who have help along the way.
Kind regards

Chris Crossley
SCITP Organiser

chris@sportscarsinthepark.co.uk 

Event Calendar for 2019

Newby Hall Spring 5th May

Our first event of the year, attracting nearly 1,000 display cars.
Previous year - 953 Display cars

Lotherton Hall Summer 21st July

We have moved our Lotherton Hall event to middle of the year. Due to size of venue we have placed a cap of 800 cars maximum.
Previous year - 492 Display cars

Newby Hall   Autumn  22nd September

NEW for 2019 - A return to Newby hall to close the season.

Our first event of the season
Spring at Newby Hall - 5th May
Display car tickets only available from www.sportscarsinthepark.co.uk
We have managed to keep the ticket prices for display cars at the same price for 2019. We do not accept payment on the day for the display field. You must have a display car ticket from our website, click on the button below.

General entrance price  * SCITP Price
Adult      £12.75                      £7
Child      £9.75                        £3

*Please see Newby Hall website for public ticket prices
Get a Display car ticket from SCITP website
Do not buy an online ticket from Newby Hall as they are for the general public and full price. If you turn up at the display entrance without a ticket you will be sent to the public field by Newby Staff and charged full price. There are no exceptions to this as we plan everything on ticket sales.

Ticket upgrades
If you need to add a passenger, then you can get a ticket upgrade anytime including the day of the event. An upgraded ticket has to be accompanied by a valid display car ticket. You can’t just turn up with an upgrade ticket and expect a car space. Ticket upgrades can be purchased on the website at a flat rate of £7 per additional ticket.

Late tickets
Late ticket prices will be £10 from midnight 3rd May for the display car including the driver. Additional passengers are the normal SCITP rate. Holders of these tickets (different colour) will be parked in a mixed section on the display field.
Display entrance changes
To speed up the entry of display cars we are switching the display car entrance to the exit gate. Public cars will use the normal entrance. We do require display cars to be in before 11:00. So we can then switch it back to the exit. No cars can depart before 11:30 for safety reasons.

Club stands/Group parking
If you want group parking together then your group members must select the correct group when booking their tickets. In case anyone forgot to do this when purchasing their ticket, this can also be updated by editing your ticket on our website. Space is allocated using the parking groups, so if you forget to select it then there may not be sufficient space. Roped off parking is in a different area to the group parking so don’t select this if you want to park with your group.
Website and email support stops on the 3rd May at midnight

Sponsors and stands

If you would like to have a stand at any of our events then please email sales@sportscarsinthepark.co.uk As new stands are added we will update you in the next newsletter. We also post details on our Facebook Group.

Main stands
Alexanders Prestige
Alexanders Prestige will be there with a selection of tempting sports cars
Market stalls
Max car care
Nicks team will be demoing thier detailing skills

No food/drink stands please, these are provided by the Venue

Join our facebook group
Don’t miss out on important updates We use Facebook throughout the year with car related updates as well as newsflashses about our big events. Please join us, you can keep up with whats happening at SCITP. This is our main social media site and preferred option.

Think I am going to go and according to SCITP website there are 20 plus MX5OC going? Yet no comments on here 

I’ve been to a few of these gatherings at both venues and always enjoyed them. They are well organised with decent facilities although I prefer the Newby Hall venue out of the two. I will probably attend the one in May but haven’t registered yet. Should be a good event and I think Yorkshire ridings now include this in their event calender.

Over 40 MX5OC cars on SCITP website including myself! My first 5 was a Splash Green NB 2.5 but the 1.6! Great car!