Newspaper instead off loo roll paper

Just realised this thread all started in the first lockdown and then died a death. We’re all going so stir crazy we’ve resurrected it in lockdown 2.0.

:frowning_face:

2 Likes

It’s getting serious Paul! I replied to a thread today, Greta whatsername looking like Wednesday out of Addams Family, or was it the Munsters? Who knows, who cares! the last response was 9 months ago! :rofl: similar time scale.

Barrie

Know what you mean. I’ve got to take our cats to the vets tomorrow for their jabs. Normally I sport a well trimmed goatee. Currently in full wookie mode, will have to have a trim. As for the eyebrows, I can give Dennis Heeley a good run for his money.

:joy:

1 Like

Why does some hair grow faster than other hair, I am three quarters spam head, yet the hair on my neck grows fast and long , as does my nasal hair :neutral_face: I would rather it was round the other way as I dont particularly want hair on my bl**dy neck, maybe I should come up with some sort of Baldy man / Arthur Scargill comb up and over arrangement :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Not got the slap head yet. In the genes I suppose as my dad still had a full head of hair when he died at 88. Still got plenty everywhere, where I want them and where I don’t. I retained my youthful good looks for many years until the day I got my first pair of glasses. Then I aged by a good thirty years overnight…

2 Likes

I think we all need to get out more. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s what happened to me! :-1: Unfortunately I was 13 yoa when I got my first pair. :nerd_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Speaking of outside loo’s i remember that the old lead pipes used to freeze up in weather like we are having now. as my dad was away in the RAF during the war Mum had to get a plumber to fix the resulting burst pipe, but he recommended lighting a candle and placing it under the pipe. It did the trick but Mum found a paraffin burner that lasted longer and was cheaper. .

Its what they do in Cyprus, my late brother and his wife retired there and loo paper had to be bagged up and carried to a large wheelie bin at the corner of the road. Hot country, Cyprus …

Sicily too - same thing…

We had an inside loo but an external water tank (house was built 1821). The loo had been built-on sometime in the past as an extension with a tank above. I can remember the small paraffin heater in the water tank in the winter to keep the water flowing!

I can remember seeing the newspaper squares hanging on a piece of string on a nail - The Catholic Herald and the News of the World - go figure!

1 Like

Sounds like the makings of interesting family discussions.

There was an Early Day Motion in the House of Commons recommending the use of Izal, but it just didn’t get any traction…

3 Likes