Next meeting.

Hi,

Have just brought my first MX5 and live in Somerset.The Western club is the nearest for me, is the  meeting still on for the 9th Sept and is it okay to just turn up.

Sharon

I posted a very similar thread before I went to my first meeting. I was scared that I’d turn up and be the only club member there! I needn’t have worried though, Usually there’s around 20 to 30 of us. The chance of us all not making it are pretty bloody low! [:O]

Just in case your worried with what to expect, Were a very diverse group, About a 50% split between men and women, Some of us are single, Some of us are married, Some like to modify their 5’s, Some of us seem to religiously polish their cars, Most would rather be driving opposed to valeting though [:P].

Predominantly, I go because it’s an evening out with a load of friendly people !

I hope to see you there.

Scotty B.

Hi Sharon,

Our meeting is still on (as ever - haven’t missed one in the 7 years I’ve been going) so please just turn up and see what we’re all about. We meet from around 7:00pm onwards and would love to see you there[<:o)].

Dave[:)]

Hi,

Thanks for replies, will see you there then, look forward to meeting you all.

Sharon  

Quick question.

Do people turn up to have a drink and a chat or do they have a bar meal or similar as well?

Hope to make the October meeting

Usually we start arriving from 6:45pm, The chapter leader arrives at about quarter past in the stretched limo MX5 with the sacrificial goat. This is our cue to run into the pub and grab furniture to start building the bonfire in the car park. Only after the bonfire is completed will the chapter leader exit the car to light it, Two people are chosen to hold the ceremonial cloak prior to this (It’s a great honour to be chosen to perform this task). Once the bonfire is lit we all strip off naked in preparation for the slaughtering of the goat. Once this has happened the goat is cooked on the fire as we all dance around the car park chanting “Jinba Ittai, Jinba Ittai, Jinba Ittai”. After this we eat the goat meat then go home…!

But your idea about just turning up for a drink and a chat sounds quite interesting, It might be nice to do that for a change…

I say we should hold a vote,

All those who think it would be nice to drop the ceremonial stuff this month and as Perussell suggested, Just “have a drink and a chat” for a change, Say “AYE” !!!

[:P]

Over here in Wiltshire we have always thought you Bristol folk to be  a bit weird but I can see this making an interesting topic of discussion at the next meeting (though it looks like I need to keep my sylph-like  figure up by having a snack beforehand - I was fully expecting to have a drink and a chat, it was just the food bit I was unclear about)

It had been suggested that goats were disappearing periodically from the local farms so now we know where they have been going.

Can we buy replica cloaks from the club then?   [6]

OK, Being less frivolent this time…

We start arriving around 6:45ish, Most of us have a pint of something before the meeting starts (Personally, I tend to get a pint of coffee[:D]). The actual meeting usually only lasts 20 to 30 minutes at most, Then the majority of us tend to mull around the car park chatting. It’s a very easy going sort of event. But if you want something to eat, I think the kitchen is open till 9 (And i seem to remember that the food there ain’t too shabby either[;)]).

Don’t worry too much, Technical spec’s of MX5’s tend to only crop up once or twice in general conversation over the entire night (If you DO want advice on any car issues though, You should be able to hit 2 of 3 people who have the answers using nothing but a badly thrown stick*).

Hope to see you there (I’ll be the bloke with the unkempt hair and wearing glasses [:P]).

Scotty B.

(*Sticks available upon request. Try to avoid hitting a 5’ with your badly aimed stick as nasal blood loss may occur.[:D])

Hi. It will be good to see all newcomers.

Some of us are sensible …some not so… & I’m not naming names, but a good time is had by all  [:)]

Liz

Should I be feeling singled out here?[^o)]

[:P]

definately not  [:)],
I did put me in as ‘not sensible’ at first, then thought about my ‘angelic reputation’ & re-typed before I posted.  [;)]
Afraid I’m know for saying ‘I don’t do mature or sensible’, or is admitting that going to get me sent off site, hope not  [A]

Hmmmm. Sounds like my kind of club.

Sensible is Mon - Fri  0830-1730 - outside of those hours, well, we shall see  [;)]

The only question now is if the weather is inclement do I pull my shiny, clayed and glossed “toy” out of the garage and get it mucky or arrive in my daily transport (which isn’t too shabby anyway)

Oopps not sure I manage that (well I try when youngsters around)

as for which transport, I go for the toy each time  [:)]

Ive just joined so whe and where is the next meeting…Im in Chard at the Mo

Hi, next meeting for Western region is Wed 14 Oct, heres the website with our details

http://www.mx5western.co.uk/

Look forward to meeting you there

Liz