NI Club run 1st September

Mountains, Towers, Beaches, Castles, Ferries and Twisty roads

Join me and a few others I hope, on Saturday 1st September Meeting at Sprucefield shopping centre car park Lisburn next to the ecars rapid charge point M&S end at around 10.30am.

Driving through Hillsborough to Slieve Croob at 1,752 ft. to take in the views over Lough Neigh and towards Belfast. Before travelling downward through the valley towards Clough.

Onwards passed Tyrella Beach through Minerstown, passing St. Johns Point Lighthouse, built in 1844 and standing 152 ft. high, and into Killough village.

Killough and the surrounding area has several statutory designations, a Conservation Area covering its Historic Core and a European designation of (Special Protection Area) for wintering birds covering it’s Bay.

Onto Ardglass with four medieval towers, the most in any town in Ireland. Stretch your legs around the town and gather in the harbour, before heading on to lunch,

Lunch is in Chapeltown at Currans Bar Seafood & Stake House, built in 1791. Through the years it has passed from generation to generation of the same family.

Onwards to Strangford town admiring the view at Ballyhornan point, of the beach and Island, passed the narrows to catch the Ferry to Portaferry.

Then the last stretch along the shores of Strangford Lough with incredible views all the way to Newtownards.

Oh did I mention the twisty roads, all the way from start to finish. Thank goodness the Romans never made it to this part of the world, not a straight road in sight.

Click on link below for directions. Print your own copy or load up your sat-nav.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FmixZvUEubGNMGugbG3rIVqd4cwbk29v/view?usp=sharing

Either way I hope you can join us on the day. 

AC your inbox is full.

Sadly, a fair few of us were at a members wife’s funeral on the 1st. 

Hope you all had a good day. 

A few photos from the run    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YP88M3-KdDMtO2jnUMElmCM8NKmLROJu

Wish I could have made it now as Saturday was a nice day.