Nice pub meal πŸ₯˜?

Hi guys
I am finally meeting an old friend of 40 yrs , not seen him since before covid .
He ( and his mrs ) are stopping near chatsworth house in Derbyshire next weekend.
We are meeting up for meal :shallow_pan_of_food: and catch up,
So my question is ,
can anyone recommend a nice pub that does great meals :shallow_pan_of_food: somewhere between Sheffield and chatsworth???
Thanks in advance :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Try the Devonshire Arms at Beeley.
Great atmosphere, beers and log fire and also within walking distance from Chatsworth Estate.
Been there a few times and never disappointed :+1:

2 Likes

Just been informed that they’ll be fetching their dog … so pub must be dog friendly :dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

We had a nice meal in the Grouse & Claret at Rowsley a couple of weeks ago. Not sure about being dog friendly though.

1 Like

I thought you would know somewhere mick :white_check_mark:
Thanks guys I’ll check them out :+1:t3:

Keep the recommendations coming :heavy_check_mark::heavy_check_mark:

It could be an idea for a new thread :thinking::thinking::thinking:

We’ve used the Peacock at Owler Bar a while back that was nice, that’s more out of the Chatsworth area on the moors.

None pubs we’ve used for food near Chatsworth estate, Chatsworth garden centre at Calton Lees, they do a carvery at lunch times.
Caudwells Mill cafe at Rowsley, they do a good homity pie, nice coffee, its all vegetarian.
Apart from that Geoff we mainly eat in Buxton at The Railway pub when that way or call in at Clay Cross from visiting Chesterfield (bit out the way for you) Mrs likes the pizza at The Six Halts pub😁

1 Like

Any more options nearer to Sheffield??
Going to book somewhere today :shallow_pan_of_food::green_salad::tamale::beer::beer::coffee::coffee::coffee:

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations mick ,
We enjoyed a great afternoon with old friends at the PEACOCK :peacock: and the grub was great too…

2 Likes

Looks nice food Geoff, must get up there again ourselves sometime soon.
The roads and scenery are great also getting to it which is a bonus.:+1:

1 Like

Try the Angel at Holmesfield. We were there last night and had a great dinner.

If that’s a mile or so down the road, then we passed it :white_check_mark::white_check_mark::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:And commented that it looked nice :+1:t3::+1:t3:

They were doing helicopter :helicopter: passenger rides in the fields opposite too :+1:t3::+1:t3::flushed::flushed::flushed:

HI Bally, Yes that would be the Angel, about a mile from Owler Bar, towards Dronfield.

Interested to hear what you said about the Peacock, last time we were there (May) it was awful, but sounds like its improved now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.