Nice wheels mate

You only tell the DVLA if you are changing the engine (updating the enging number, or a new capacity) and the colour. Otherwise, modifications are notified to your insurers.

2 Likes

Appreciated…Always Learning via MX5 OC :+1: :clap:

Have to say that I’d agree, despite my initial reaction which was also the same. Maybe just a bit too fussy? A similar question was put (admittedly NCs) on the US Miata.net forum with a few replies noting that weight could be a problem, as mentioned by @ast and @Scottishfiver. Interesting that the MWS offering ( BXW711C/2-TL) doesn’t mention weight in the specifications :thinking:

Personally if I really wanted that spoked-look I’d consider the BBS RS alloys as a good compromise, they look pretty good IMHO on an NC.

and have to say they’re not awful on @Mazda_mender’s link on an NB

As with anything styling, one man’s meat is another man’s poison!

having started on nbs i have a particular liking for the mk however having moved over to ncs i’m really getting to like them. the red one above looks stunning. maybe its the background and the lighting lol but the wheels do look great and its sitting on them nicely too. and there’no getting away from it they are just as good to drive

The 14" BBS IMHO look too small and sit too far inboard on an NB. You’d have to go for 15" BBS on an NB which are a lot rarer and therefore expensive!

Plus NA 15" wheels are the wrong offset (45mm instead of 40mm) for the NB.

VW and BMW BBS with 4x100 stud pattern reasonably easy to find. Centre bore I think is oversied.

Base NB came wth 14" steels, 45mm offset, so no reason why a NA 14" BBS would not be suitable. A 5mm shim can be added without necessarily changing the wheel studs (still enough turns on the wheel nuts).

…but 14" wheels always look a bit lost on the bigger NB body. I did try some BMW BBS ages ago, they looked much better but they weighed a ton!

14"

13"

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll give that :smiley: 14" is definitely cool with a deep dish but not with a standard 5.5" wide 40mm offset Mazda wheel lost somewhere in the arches (isn’t the last photo a mk1?)

Yes, its a NA, which are able to go to 13", once you remove the front brake backing plates, so that air can get in there.

Looks are subjective. Some love 17s on NAs an NBs. I can’t abide them, but more power to their elbow. Some would put performance above superficial looks. A NB on 14s, with 45-40mil offset will handle pretty sweetly. But I suppose ths thread is about performance defying wheels which appeal on looks only.

The 14x6" Enkeis fitted to 1.8 Mk1s are a bit of a bargain. They are quite light, there are loads around (cheap), and can be made to look pretty good (see what Maza did with them on the M2-1028). Of course looks are subjective.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.