No-fault excess

Good news!
The car is in for a new rear bumper, as we speak as it were, so I rang the other insurance company and if I send them a pic of my receipt fot the excess, they will make a transfer into my bank account
Yay…

4 Likes

So good news👍

2 Likes

We assume they are also going to pay for the bumper?

Yes they will but whether they will pay Admiral or the repairers, I have no idea.

Hi, I am with Admiral too.
A motorcyclist lost it on a bend and used the front of my 5 to stop while in Spain on route to the ferry.
The car has all been repaired, (new bumper and wheel liner etc) and like you the excess is rather tricky.
They firstly said I didn’t have legal protection then apparently I did…
Putting that aside, I argued the point that they are claiming the costs back from the Spanish insurer and it would make “Logical Sense” to ask them for my excess at the same time.
As at the end of the day, I and no one else will have that information until they actually get it from the Spanish people.
They made a one off (apparently) exception this time and are asking for it.
To me it actually makes logical sense to do that all the time perhaps.
Other injuries or whatever can then be dealt with by the Legal Protection aspect.
The GB collisions are far easier to get the excesses back.
That was all back on the 22nd September and nothing heard to date.
The only headache I got was dealing with it all in Spain and wondering whether I would have made it home in time. :wink:

Interesting.
I was initially told that I would have to pay the excess, then “Admiral Law” would recover it on my behalf.
But once Admiral Law established I had no ambulance chasing claims, they said my excess was below their 400.00 threshold and I was on my own. They did supply me with the name of the other insurer and a telephone number though.
I imagine your excess plus expenses are (well?) over their threshold though, so they should act on your behalf.

I have paid my excess to the repairer as normal.
So it’s a matter of getting it back from the Spanish insurers.
I only had a £100 excess thankfully and as you say below the £400 nobody really wants to know……
But, I would very much like to recover that as a matter of principle. :+1:

By the way, the body shop had to paint the bumper, both wings and the bonnet to blend/match it all in.
As he said, if we had just painted the new bumper it would have stuck out like a sore thumb even matching the paint code etc etc. Just FYI. :slightly_smiling_face:

Perhaps that why they’ve not been in touch to tell me it’s ready…

Just a Quickie…tried treating an unrelated condition recently to get rid of pain…nothing was working

By Chance I Came Across a Thing Called ‘Deep Freeze Cold Spray’ and used it on the Old Whiplash Injury…Finally Something That Worked For Me !

Pleased You’ve Made Progress On Your Insurance Difficulties…Yeah :+1:

1 Like

Useful tip, thanks.
When skiing in Switzerland a few years ago, I was offered “Perskindol” for muscle pain and fatigue.
It was so good I thought I’d buy some. Wow, was it expensive…
Fast forward a few years and I tried some Voltarol.

The colour, consistency, efficacy and smell are all just like the Swiss stuff, except rather more affordable.
I strongly suspect it’s the same stuff in different packaging.
So, highly recommended.

1 Like

Got it back now.
All nice and shiny and a perfect match :grinning:

Good news and thanks for the update. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Will let you know if and when I get the excess back.
Have emailed a scan of the receipt and bank details to the other insurance company so, fingers crossed…

Yep…‘Posh Packaging’ :+1:

I Never Knew Who Slashed My Girls SoftTop 2019 [Had a Couple of Suspects BUT NO PROOF]…But Clearly Not My Fault…So Crime Number and I Did Pay the Excess [Because It Was the Best Option for Me] BUT DIDN’T LOSE MY NCD
Different for You as You Know the Perpetrator so Fight Back :muscle: :mechanical_arm:

As For Legal…Had a Fall in a Supermarket a few years back. Found it Mega Complex and Slow to Use Legal so Eventually Approached the Supermarket Directly [Vague Memories from Some Legal Courses Coming Back Up to Consciousness]
They Made Me An Offer and I Accepted…It Was a Much Faster Process !!

Two Rules I’ve Stuck with Over 40 Plus Years of Driving Insurance:

Always Have Comprehensive
Protect the NCD

1 Like

Great news
Following an email to the guilty party’s insurance company with a scan of the receipt, the excess of £300.00 was paid into my bank account yesterday.
Judging by the experience of others, I was very lucky.

2 Likes

Not Lucky…You Didn’t Give Up on Fighting for What Was Right :muscle: :+1:

Delighted for You & Your MX5 :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.