No power to aux socket

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC
  2. I’m based near: __COLCHESTER
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ELETRICS

Check fuse?

1st thing i did fuse is fine

Try plugging something different in to it. Have you used what you’re plugging in before in the MX-5?

2 Likes

You do know it doesn’t work with ignition off?

i have used it over a year for charging the sat nav and phone also the heated seat switch does not light up.

You say you have checked the aux pwr 15 amp fuse which should be 2nd down in passenger footwell fusebox.
You could try substituting another fuse of the same rating just to double check that.
As with all electrical gremlins in the nc have you sealed the grommets?
Reason being the illumination is also in the fusebox and thats the usual place for water to wreak havoc

1 Like

Any update on this, it’s always good to hear if an issue gets solved.

1 Like

Thanks i will give that a try.

Fixed it, I removed the radio to get access to the back of the socket found that the plug had come out also found the plug had come out of the seat heater switches plugged them back in and all ok, never heard of this happening has any body had a similar fault?

And the moral of the story is… Always check what you’ve done before assuming the car is at fault.

I had not touched the car, can not understand how they came out.

Ah, you removed the radio to check the plugs, I read it as you had removed the radio previously. I can’t see how those plugs would come out on there own, someone must have disturbed them at some point in the past I reckon.

I agree with you but i have not had the radio out.