Noob question about replacing brake pads

Hi, I have a 2013 Mk 3.75 which after a recent track day had completely eaten it’s (already partly worn) brake pads. I’m not very technical but would like for once to do the job myself so have bought some Yellowstuff pads (same as already on it) to replace the spent ones.

My question though is whether I will also need new shims, wear indicators and/or fixings or should I be able to reuse the existing ones? I don’t want to get half way into the job and find I don’t have the parts to complete it really.

Very basic question I know but it’s all new to me so any and all advice welcome.

Cheers

I seem to remember that ebc pads have the backing shim bonded to the main pad.

You will need a wind back tool to push the rear pistons in ( they need twisting rather than just pushing )

The caliper pad guides can be re-used too.

If you’re able to return the Yellowstuff ones you should, as they tend to not like track temps and crumble away. And get Mintex 1144s. And swap the brake fluid for RBF600. Both of those will work for track and road use.

You’ll not need a rewind tool for the fronts, a g-clamp type tool will suffice, although it’s a handy tool to have as youll need one for the rears.

Replacing the pads is pretty straight forward.
Remove the two slider pin bolts, lift of the caliper.
Replace the pads, push the cylinder back in and refit.

For what they cost, I’d recommend replacing the slider pins.

How to instructions are on this site