Norfolk Fives Weekend Away & National Rally at Ragley Hall 29th and 30th September

It’s that time of year for the annual MX5 owners Club national rally. We are looking to make a weekend of it and enjoy Saturday afternoon in Bourton on the Water and Cotswold Motor Museum, staying over in a hotel and attending the National Rally on the Sunday. You are more than welcome to join us.

Saturday trip to Bourton on the Water and Cotswold Motor Museum 29th September

Meeting point: 845am On the services on the A11/A14 south bound. There is a Starbucks and BP petrol station CB8 0XG (leaving at 9am)

Route: a direct 3 hour drive to Bourton on the Water with a 30 min stop at the services on route

Arrive: Bourton on the Water 12:30 ish and parking (£3 for 3 hours, free after 3pm) , car park address is 30 Rissington Rd, Bourton-on-the-Water, Cheltenham GL54 2AY

Once we are at Bourton on the Water “Venice of the Cotswolds”  you will be able to do your own thing. Regularly voted one of the prettiest villages in England, Bourton on the Water has a unique appeal to visitors, there is plenty to see and do with a wealth of attractions and shops, restaurants and tea rooms for lunch, or simply for you to enjoy some tranquil time by the River Windrush with its beautiful bridges throughout.

A few of us will be going to the Cotswold Motor Museum after grabbing a bite to eat in the village. The museum is 10 min walk from the car park (£6 per adult entry). https://www.cotswoldmotoringmuseum.co.uk/

If you want to book lunch at Burton on the Water you can find a list of restaurants here https://www.cotswoldmotoringmuseum.co.uk/your-day-out/local-area/

We plan on heading back to our cars at 430pm ish (subject to change and agreement on the day), and head to the hotel (it is about a 1 hour drive to the hotel from Bourton)

Hotel: Hilton at Warwick

We are booking into the Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-avon CV34 6RE (just off junction15 of the M40). Rooms are around £100 at the moment with breakfast at £12 per person, there are various options available. Please book your own accommodation directly with the hotel and also book your own table for dinner, you have a choice of light bites in the Lounge Bar or a more formal meal in the 360 restaurant.

Book your hotel here

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-warwick-stratford-upon-avon-WARHNHN/index.html

You may also find a better price for the hotel on sites such as expedia.co.uk

National Rally Sunday 30th September

After enjoying breakfast at the hotel we will convoy to the National Rally at Ragley Hall, this is about 15 miles and should take us about 30 minuites. All the details for the national rally are available here http://www.nationalrally.co.uk/, and you should have got your pass in the last edition of Soft Top Hard Top.

Once at the rally you can enjoy everything at your own pace and head back when you want to. We don’t do an official convoy back, but I am sure a few of us will head back to Norwich together.

Please reply to this post if you are going, have booked your own hotel and if you want to join us on the Saturday on Burton on the Water and Cotswold Motor Museum. That way we can make sure we know to look out for you.

List:

• Paul and Lisa
  • Ian
  • Chris and Katie (possibly meeting us there)
  • Mike W
  • John and Dawn (different Hotel, may meet us there)
  • Phil and Alex (will meet us at the hotel)
  • Graham and Helen
  • Rosalie and Kevin
  • Rona and Phil
  • Dave P

Ian

I will be coming Hotel booked

Regards Mike W 

Perfect, I have added you on the list.

Ian, we have booked at Travelodge Stratford Alcester, Oversley Mill, A435 Rdabt SN, Alcester B49 6PQ (6 minutes drive from show). So depending what time we leave Norfolk might try and meet up with you lot.

John & Dawn

Wonderful. You have my number to message me on the day if needed. 

Ian

Hi Ian please

Add graham to the list.

Many thanks Chris 

List updated

Hi Ian,

Can you count us in. We have booked in at the Hilton and would like to join the convoy to Bourton and the visit to the motor museum.

Looking forward to our first National Rally.

Cheers,

Rosalie and Kevin

Perfect. You are on the list. It should be a great weekend and a nice convoy there. 

Ian,

Rona and Phil are now booked in at the Hilton ( sounds posh dunnit!), we would like to be one of the convoy and will take full advantage of all the proposed activities at and before the rally with enthusiasm.

List updated, we look forward to you both joining us. 

Im coming,

Hotel Booked

Sorry for the delay. I have added you to the list!

I’m considering coming to The Rally but it may be a last minute decision. Unfortunately I have misplaced my entry pass. Has anyone not attending got one that they can send my way?

Thanks

Nathan