North West Norfolk (Eastern Region) - Breakfast Meet and Run to Anglesey Abbey - Sunday 08th October

Good Morning

NOW FULLY BOOKED NO FURTHER PLACES AVAILABLE

Update: If you are coming up from the Cambridge, Huntingdon, North Essex area a group of O/C Club members are meeting up in front of Arbuckles, Ely, between 09:00 and 09:15 before making their way to The Baytree Garden Centre for lunch, if you wish to join them please feel free to do so.*

Due to the popularity of the 2 previous breakfats meets and runs, The North West Norfolk Group has organised a Breakfast Meet at the Baytree Garden Centre, (Hilgay), followed by a 43 mile run, via Feltwell, Lakenheath, Lackford Green, Kentford and Newmarket to the NT Anglesey Abbey and Gardens, (Nr Cambridge), on the 08th October. Which of course means its time to let you know the full details and get your orders in for breakfast.

Angelesey Abbey was owned by Lord Fairhaven from 1926 until his death in 1966. During this time, he created a comfortable country home with an eclectic collection of antiquities dating from the early Tudor period through to the 1960s. However, the building has a long and fascinating history that stretches back nine centuries.

After purchasing the Anglesey Abbey estate unseen at auction in the 1920s, Lord Fairhaven began the process of transforming the garden into a spectacular seasonal display – something that still exists to this day. Look out for the use of straight, tree-lined avenues with a sculpture at the end to draw your eye, or the use of circles and symmetry in the Formal Garden and Dahlia Garden. When exploring the estate, look out for the array of statues – widely acknowledged as one of the finest collections of garden statuary in the country.

Details:

Day / Date: Sunday 8th October
Start: Baytree Garden Centre, Steels Drove (A10), Hilgay PE38 0QH
Time: 09.45hrs for Breakfast at 10:00hrs
Depart: 11.15hrs
Destination: Anglesey Abbey and Gardens, Quy Road, Lode, Cambridge, CB 25 9EJ

We do need to pre-book, so please peruse the attached menu and let me know your choice.

Please Note: We have an absolute maximum of 40 places available, so book early to avoid disappointment.

The List
Barry and Jenny
Peter and Kerry
Mark and Carole
Mark and Emma
Mick and Lynne
John and Anne
Simon and Clare
Bob and Vicky
Bill and Sue
Stephen Byatt
Simon T
Andy and Jo
Helen and Tony
Steve and Donna
Roger and Ingrid
Steve and Gill
Barry Lindsay & Partner (North Thames)
Helen Pham & Partner
Kevin Ball
Rob and Shantar
Henry and Chris
Andrew and Hilly

1 Like

Hi Barry,
Can you please add Carole and myself to the list. We will add menu choices later.
Thanks
Mark and Carole.

Hi Barry

Please can Emma & I book this.
2x traditional breakfasts
Emma says we are now National Trust members, if that helps for the abbey

she’ll want a funeral plan next

Regards

Mark & Em

Please add Lynne and Mick.
Breakfast choice a bit later…too much choice!
Thanks Barry.

Barry,
Thanks for the early notice. Anne and John would like to join the breakfast and run please. I believe that Anne has already advised you of our preferences for breakfast. Hope you both are keeping well.
I am afraid we also need a raincheck for the Tuesday 11th September meet, we are making a special effort to take SOMETIMES (our shared canal boat) for a 23rd birthday cruise before Winter strikes and she comes out of the water for more repairs.

Mark

You are treading on very sticky ground with statements like that. If you continue along those lines, I think it might be you that needs the funeral plan not Emma!

Kind regards and an Early Warning!

Barry

Hi Lynne

No problem, as long as I have them by 30th September, all will be OK.

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Mark / Carole

No problem, just need them for 30th September.

Kind regards

Barry

John, Anne

Good Morning

I do indeed have your order, courtesy of Anne’s message.

Enjoy your trip on ‘Sometimes’, lets hope the weather remains warm and dry!

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry,
Please can you book me in.
1x Trad Breakfast :slight_smile:
Many thanks,
SimonT

Good Afternoon

1 x Traditional Breakfast it is. Look forward to seeing you on the 08th October

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry

We hadn’t given you our breakfast orders -

Please can we have

1 x traditional breakfast with a poached egg

1 x eggs benedict

Many thanks

Andy and Jo

Andy / Jo

Good Evening

1 x Traditional with Poached Egg and 1 x Eggs Benedict, coming up!

Kind regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

Please add Ingrid and myself to the list for this event. We’ll hopefully see you at the Ffolkes in a few weeks time.

Regards and best wishes,

Roger.

Roger / Ingrid

It will be my pleasure to add you to the ‘list’ and we look forward to seeing you at The Ffolkes in the near future.

You can either let me know you order by email or at The Ffolkes as we do need to pre-order.

Kind Regards

Barry

2 x Traditional Breakfasts please Barry,
Thanks,
Lynne and Mick.

Hi Lynne

2 Tradisitional breakfasts it is. See you on Tuesday

Kind regards

Barry

Sorry Barry that should have been:-
1 X Trad with FRIED egg
1 x Trad with SCRAMBLED egg