not much happening ?

Sorry to sound negative but there seems nothing organised for the TT area this year. Out & about I saw sign for this. Maybe some members would like to go.

http://classicsonshow.co.uk/

I’m sorry that you think we’re not doing enough for you. Only there isn’t a (we), there’s only me. I am the Area Coordinator, not the Organiser. I rely on people letting me know that they would like to put a run on, giving me the details, then letting everyone else know about it via this site and our Yahoo site.

I do put runs on, a couple of which are coming up shortly, but I have to check the mileages, locations for toilet stops etc, first. There are others in the pipeline, but I’m still waiting for details.

As to nothing organised, we do have social evenings every month. But nobody from the southern end of our area came to the social evening at the Manor House at Ingleby Barwick last month. All I can do is let you know what is happening, and hope that people turn up.

This isn’t a gripe at you personally, it’s just that I get a bit fed up with the sort of ‘are we there yet’ type of queries, and no constructive suggestions.

Regards

Dave

I know where you are coming from here (been an AC)

The clue is in the title coordinator, not organiser.

My impartial advise to the OP is

If you find an event you think would suit

Research it, find a meeting point and route to it and approach your AC to make it a club event

I have been head of a club for over 10yrs so I do know the score regards griping etc. Personally I would say its not me but the TT region as a whole thats not getting catered for. When I joined a good few yrs ago there was a yearly events list plan published so one could pencil in any events they fancied attending. I noticed you published a run for May on this site but there was no info ?

I personally don`t have time to organise runs etc plus I would get stressed out, I got my current 5 & rejoined club so i could hopefully enjoy a few runs out with fellow owners & am quite happy to be a sheep & not a shepard.

I look forward to seeing details of the up & coming runs so hopefully I can attend. I think the Stockley Classic car show will be an event that I might attend.

At the risk of stepping into a minefield and getting blown up!

An Area is only as good as its members and TT does seem to be very quiet.  It should not fall on one person and perhaps it’s a sad reflection when nobody turns up at an area social event.

What could we get up too!

Well there are the runs.  Not everyone likes travelling in a convoy but you can combine runs and meet ups. They take time to organise and the weight cannot fall on any one person.  Weekend and midweek rund allow different people to participate.

Once upon a time TT used to have tech days.  I know the guy at ak automotive was keen to have an open day, but tech days could be arranged, I personally would love some mentoring on mechanical tasks.

I have been to a few car shows recently and there has been little or no representations of mx5 club.  Possibility of arranging attendance of TT area and showing cars from MK1 through to Mk3.5 and modes cars I see some nice examples around.

Possibility of arranging trips to special events such as the classic car show in Birmingham.  I went last year and it was mint.

Meet up with other adjacent areas and support them in their activities.

Where to start. Can I suggest emailing all registered TT members and asking if anyone is prepared to form a group (I suppose like a committee but I hate committees!).

I have my hands over my ears waiting to get blown up!!!

Mike

Good post… I am not sure if TT have my email contact if this was going to happen.

First Question; Are you a memebr of the Owners Club?

1. Have you been to any area events?

2. Where were you last Sunday?

3. Why don’t you organise an event, let me know about it, and I will post it on the website.

5.  Were you at the last planning meeting, If you were why didn’t you suggest somthing then?

1.  Do you ever look at the events page?

Have I missed anything out?

1. Yes

2. Yes went to one at the snowy owl and there wasn’t many there.

3. Had a great drive out to Thropton, lunch at the Three Heads of Wheat and a great drive back via Elsdon and the Gibbet road via Wallington Hall and Ponteland.  Hood down all the way.

4. Not thought about it and I guess many of the other TT members havn’t.

5. Didn’t  know of any planning meeting.

6. Yes from time to time.

Well thanks for the welcome, leg well and truly blown off, perhaps it’s time to think if I really want to renew my membership in August!

If you had come to the Snowy Owl last month you would have found that it was standing room only. We had three new members, with spouses, three non members asking about the club, and seven current members. Each evening is different, as it depends on what else people are doing.

Sunday gone, we were up at Holy Island meeting the group from Central Scotland, having a barbeque, and a rounders match (we won).

There is an evening drive a week tomorow (25th), and on the 11th August we meeting at Preston Park, Stockton for ‘Ridewell’, a road safety event hald by Cleveland Police. There is another drive out in September, but I haven’t received the details yet, and of cause, the evening socials every second Wednesday of the month. So far this year we’ve had a run in March, May and two in June, so as to nothing happening in Tyne Tees, what more would you like.

Other things have been tried. A weekend away; nobody was interested. A vintage car rally, again no one turned up.

Whatever is planned, by myself or other members it’s always put on the Events Page, and a note to look there, is put in this part of the Forum. It is also put on our Yahoo site, so that anyone who is signed up automatically gets a reminder 14 and 3 days before it happens.

I may have been a bit abrupt in my original answer, but it gets a bit wearing, getting griped at. Hope this answer is a little more helpfull.

Not sure if these ?s are for me ?. You have already asked if i am a member & i have explained my membership role above regards organising runs. I find these ?s rather abrubt. Where I was last Sunday is non of your buisness. Might be interested in the Yarm event. But TBH not sure if I will be comfortable attending events.