NOW SOLD Mazda MX5 2.0 Launch Edition, 67k Miles £3500 SOLD

Hi All,

As I’ve got myself a newer toy, it’s time to say a fond farewell to my very first MX5! My NC Launch Edition, no 186 of 300 UK cars.

It is based on the sport spec so has all the options available at the time for the car including:

• Sports Bilstein Suspension
  • Limited Slip Differential
  • Leather Interior
  • Air Conditioning with Climate Control
  • Bose Sound System
  • Front Fog Lights
  • 17” Wheels

In addition to the above, it has the following features unique to the Launch Edition:

• Velocity Red Pearl Paint (really sparkles in the sun!)
  • Red Leather Interior
  • Chrome Exterior Trim
  • Launch Edition Plaque showing the cars build number.

The car is mechanically in very good condition, and has 6 months MOT remaining. During my ownership the car has had the following:

• Wheel alignment checked and set by BBR GTI
  • New front brake calipers
  • Replacement brake discs and pads all round
  • Matching Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres
  • Replacement front drop links
  • Fresh spark plugs, gearbox and diff oil.
  • Removal & repair of rust at the rear of the sills to the bottom of the wheel arch (the usual NC rot!).

The car has only done 67000 miles and so is mechanically in very good order and has been well maintained in my ownership so it should have many years pain free motoring left!

The MOT runs until 10th January 2021 and I’ve no doubt of it getting through its next one with no issues. The only advisory from the last MOT was a rear tyre close to legal limit, however both rears have since been replaced.

The only negatives to the car are cosmetically - there are a some of areas of the paintwork which have marks or damage, as expected for a car of this age. These are:

• A patch of lacquer peal on the bonnet, shown in the front pictures, a much smaller patch (1p coin sized) of lacquer peal on the passenger side wing and some on the centre rear brake light cover
  • A small crack to the paint on the drivers side wing (Visible but I believe still water tight)
  • Some age related paint chips & light scratches (front bumper ones previously touched up)
  • Some scratches to the passenger rear wheel arch
  • Some patches of paint damage to the wheels.

None of the above detracts hugely from the overall appearance of the car in my opinion, and certainly has no effect on the function (or fun!) of the car - I just wanted to be clear on the cosmetic condition of the car as I hate going to view cars listed as perfect which turn out not to be so!

The car is available for test drives now, however I must insist on the use of a face covering and hand sanitiser to allow for a covid-safe test drive. I live in Brackley (NN13), Northamptonshire, 15 mins from the M40 (from J10 if coming from the south of J11 if coming from the north).

If there’s any additional pictures anyone would like, or if you would like to do a video call to look at the car before travelling, I’m happy to do that.

An extensive set of pictures can be found here & I’ve posted a couple below. EDIT: I have updated these to provide clearer photos:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0KvkiISoOMxrZg_arTBkorC3w

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi
I’m very interested in you MX5 if it is still for sale. If so please advise a convenient time for a phone call tomorrow and a contact number I can call you on.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tony

Hi Tony - I’ve PMd you.

Many Thanks

Hi all - just to keep in the loop, I’ve updated the link with some clearer pictures. Cheers