Numbers

was wandering how many Mx5’s turned up on the Day ???

Thanks

Last time i spoke to “clicker man” as we were finishing up after a very long morning at the entrance gate and road, the count was at 1096 cars.

Im sure a few more would have turned up after that.

Been to most National Rallies the club has put on.Numbers seemed a little down on previous National Rallies, perhaps the change to a later date put off some of our SORN members.

Great day though, plenty to see and look at.

I nearly started a poll before the event - “Guess how many Cars”. Clive S told me they thought they’d get 2,000 - I said “1700” (being less ambitious) But - how many cars pre-entered the event, presumably not counted?

Added - I left around 3.45 ish, to my amazement there were at least three cars just arriving, and another on the road outside, but don’t know if that was heading to the rally of just out for a drive. In times gone by, prize giving was the last event of the day, that started at 3, and certainly finished by 3.30, at which point most members had left already. It seems many members don’t know this, as the car park was still around 2/3 full. Long day for volunteers,traders and Club officials.

Am I out of touch - or what?

There were still quite a lot of cars there when I left at about 4:45-5pm. I expect quite a few stayed to watch the MX 5 racing. Must admit, I spent more time trackside than I did at the Nats and the MX5 racing was quite late in the programme.

Didn’t have chance to watch the racing