Nuts!

Hope the pic works

My (new to me) MX5 Mk3 with 17inch sport(?) alloys has a mixture of nuts. Which are correct and suggestions where I can buy some extras to make a matching set.

Thanks in advance

picture to url

My NC has the nuts on the right with a locking nut on each wheel. Is the left one some kind of locking nut ?

These are mine prob different wheels but think the nuts would be the same.

thanks for the fast reply, no its not a locking nut.

For some odd reason my car has 6 longer ones and the rest are the shorter type

now where to buy a few replacements.

The ones on the right are correct.

You can get new ones from MX5 parts

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/accessories-fittings-c-378_186_192.html?page=2&sort=2a

Regards

Darryl

Or look on ebay, complete used sets around£18 delivered, new ones about £5-6 each. Or prob quite a few here fitted different ones and have originals lying around they might sell cheap.

This supplier has them, they are used though.

https://www.autolinkmx5.com/wheel-nut-chrome-domed-type-mazda-mx-5–eunos-roadster-b00237160a-used-2740-p.asp

https://www.autolinkmx5.com/wheel-nuts-set-of-16-x-chrome-domed-type-mazda-mx-5–eunos-roadster-b00237160a-used-8932-p.asp

The supplier is well respected though, have used them many times for parts although new parts. Probably far cheaper than a set from the above mentioned comp although SH.

They are sold as Mk1/Mk2 wheel nuts but will fit Mk3’s as I’ve bought the very same nuts for my Mk1/Mk2 and transfered them over to the Mk3 when changing wheels. Do check with the supplier though.

I’ve just bought a set of 16 second-hand nuts for £14 delivered on eBay - they are due to arrive tomorrow.

I’m due to pick up my new-to-me NC3 at the weekend and noticed that the locking wheel nuts on it are quite rusted, so plan to just replace them with these normal non-locking ones. I can’t imagine that 5 year old 17" MX-5 stock alloy wheels are at the top of the shopping list for many criminal masterminds!

HI,

has anyone got 5 wheel nuts like the one on the right of the photo please

if so price posted please 

Thanks 

Try MX5 Heaven, they should have some.  www.mx5heaven.co.uk 

I have four. Don’t know why you need five? You haven’t said what “Across Flats” size you need?

These came with my ND. Obviously the ones that were replaced by locking wheel nuts.

I did not see your other post “NUTS!” which has more detail.

Cheers.

It looks like the OE nut for the Mk.4 (ND). 

PS: Looks like First Rider got there while my laptop was in “I’ll think about it” mode!

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes my car has an odd mixture of wheel nuts including 6 of the longer type on the left

I’d just like to make them all the same.

thanks for the links  yep he has what I’m after and I may well take that route  

trouble is the nuts are cheaper then the postage! 

Cheers

I’ll have a look to see what I have in the tools/spares box tomorrow, I may have some spare. Seen your wanted ad

Assuming you have the standard wheels then the ones on the right are correct. The others are rather wrong. They are designed to clamp via the washer face. The parallel shank acts as a dowel, centering the mounting hole and the taper is just a lead in and not for clamping. They have come off something like a Mitsubushi and for totally different type of wheel clamping. 

yes I agree, thats part of the reason for asking if anyone has some spare like the ones on the right.

I have checked with a little marking fluid that the tapered face is making contact though.

We sell FEBI ones at work not quite the exact same design but if your fitting all new don’t think it would look wrong.

They are 56 pence per bolt plus vat. from our work so most motor factors should be able to get them for you.

https://partsfinder.bilsteingroup.com/en/article/febi/46696

Ok found you some, only 4 though.

@£1 each plus postage let’s say £6 total.

I’d say they’re in pretty good nick.

See your wanted post.