October 12th David’s Mid Week Run - Muckleburgh Collection

Bit like ‘Last of the Summer Wine’ this is the last scheduled Mid Week run for the year.

Norfolk Fives meet at 9.15am Taverham Garden Centre, NR8 6HT, on area to left after entrance. Depart 9.30am.

Drive to a coffee stop then continuing on to the Muckleburgh Collection, Weybourne arriving about 11am. If the grass is dry park on meadow in front of the museum otherwise in the car park.

The Muckleburgh Military Collection (NR25 7EH) (tel: 01263 588210) is one of the finest private Museum of military memorabilia in the United Kingdom. The Collection includes tanks, guns, missiles and vehicles that have been gathered from all over the world. The heavy tanks, Russian T55, Centurion & Patton are on display but better not complain about our cars fuel consumption when the Patton uses 3 gallons of petrol to the mile! The Museum incorporates the Suffolk and Norfolk Yeomanry collection as well as RAF Reconnaissance and Air Sea Rescue and Marine Craft exhibits. There is a café on site. Entry fee £12pp.

Word of warning: some of this collection exists outside and we have already postponed from 11th May for this visit due to rain so fingers crossed for this time.

Happy to lead a run back to Norwich with folk peeling off for home or everyone makes their own way back. List is open for those interested.

1 David
2 Kevin & Tamsin
3 Laurie
4 Richard
5 Mark
6 Mick and Gella

Hi David,

Many thanks for organising. Can you count me in please? Will probably be just me as Tamsin may be working.

Cheers, Kevin.

Could you count me in please, David. It sounds good, although as you say, it’s very much dependant upon the weather.
Fingers crossed, Laurie

Kevin
You’re on the list.

David

Laurie
I’ll add you to the list.
David

Hi David,

Back from fossil hunting on the Jurassic coast and raring to go so please count me in.

Richard W.

P.S. thanks for the email - I vaguely remember a club member called Hiawatha Goldberg when I first joined but I can’t say I’ve seen him lately!

Richard,
Back safe & sound and rearing to go so have added you to ‘the list’. Plenty of old fossils in Dorset! See you soon.
David

David,
I have driven past Muckleburgh on many occasions so looking forward to finally looking round.
Thanks.
Mark

Mark,
If it’s pouring with rain on Wednesday (not forecast) we may all be driving past and not entering Muckleburgh. I have added you to ‘the list’.
David

Hi David, Tamsin is now hoping to join me! Cheers K.

Hi David last minute decision decided to join you for the run, see you in the morning.

Mick and Gella

Brilliant, see you tomorrow at Taverham.

David

Another triumph - many thanks David. Perfect season finale.

Richard

I’ll second Richard’s comments - a great run, a fascinating collection of vehicles, artillery etc, and the deafening flypast of a U.S. military STOL aircraft whilst in the cafe.

Thanks David for a brilliant day ending a very successful season of mid-week runs.

Laurie

Thanks Richard, but I didn’t see a triumph, there was an Alvis or two!
As the Club’s official Pheasant slayer I wonder if you’ll get a cap maybe with a chicken’s head on it. photo is proof of the deadly deed - see the feathers.
David

For those intrepid Muckles, not a scene from Harry Potter but one almost identical to Dark Hedges in Ulster used in Game of Thrones.

The icing on the cake was our own air display from a V22 - Osprey.

Last Mid Week Run of 2022 and enjoyed the company and support of all those who came on a Wednesday Run. Planning for 2023 in progress.
All the best, David

1 Like

Many thanks David from Tamsin and I - a fantastic day. Already got next year’s dates in the diary. Cheers K & T.