Off topic

Ah, the benefits of the all new improved, singing and dancing forum.

Just when users thought they had won a battle regarding picture sizes in the old forum, where Mods allowed us to use pictures up to 800 pixels wide, it seems it was a token gesture to shut us all up in the short term as they knew the new forum had standards set in the 1990s. No wonder less people seem to be using this forum.

According to a recent post (which cannot be questioned apparently), MORE people are using this forum than the old one…!!!

• at which news I very nearly pi55ed myself laughing! [;)]

Who has said that you cannot use pictures up to 800 pixels wide?

640x480 is generally regarded as an accepted size for forums, hence “…is a suitable size”, not “is the maximum size allowed”. I was trying to advise the OP so that next time they post some images, they work perfectly first time, displaying in a size that is both large enough to see detail, and small enough to work on smaller monitors, and in all browsers (keep in mind how the sales of netbooks & tablets and so on are going).

What are the picture size “rules” on this new forum?

8. Images (including Avatars)
The size of the images
used on the forum should be relative to where they are being used.  If
an image is used on the forum that causes excessive scrolling then a
link to the image should be used instead.  Where images are deemed to
be too large, the image will be replaced with a link.
should be no bigger than 100 pixels wide by 100 pixels high, and should
be under 10Kb so that the page loads quickly for all forum users
Images in signatures are discouraged as they destroy the flow when reading a topic.  If you must have one, its height should not exceed 80 pixels.
Inappropriate images may not be posted or linked to.  This is a MX-5 related forum so try to keep images in context.

Any limits?

As a for instance [Christmas day pics[;)]] —

The top image is re sized to 648 x 480, the second is 1744 x 1308

So it’s “practical” limits - i.e. limits of the forum to show images up to 650 wide (approx) - as demonstrated, anything larger is cropped by forum width.

You got it----