Official World Record Attempt. Elvington Airfield – Sunday 20th June, 2021

Have booked my slot, we need to get back into some fun, missed everybody over this lock down

Steve and Jill

Delighted this is happening again.
We’ve booked too and will be travelling on the Sunday from East Yorkshire.
We’d be happy to join/ form a convoy if anyone else is doing the same :slightly_smiling_face:
Chris and Andrea

I’ve booked my slot will be travelling up from Lincolnshire, the last time I did an event like this was in my Subaru Impreza STI on the Colin McRae tribute run at pro drive, looking forward to a good meeting.

Is anyone considering going up from the SouthCoast?
I’m a bit Billy no mates that weekend, but would really like to be part of the record attempt.
No problem driving by myself, (in fact I prefer it as I can listen to what I want at the volume I want) but it would be great to travel in convoy with some others.
Ideally I would take a relatively leisurely drive up Saturday pm, hotel overnight (any recommendations?) then drive back after the event on Sunday.
I live in Hedge End, Southampton.
Thanks,

Ticket Booked !
1st ever club event.

Travelling up from Loughborough post code area.

We’ve both had our 2nd jabs too :mask:

I drove down from Scotland the Last time & I will travel down again for this one (ticket booked). Is there anyone going down south & would like to travel with me on this epic journey or can I join you?

Booked.
Will be travelling from near Skipton.
Would I be right in assuming dogs won’t be allowed?

Hi Grandad,

You are correct, dogs are not allowed onto the airfield.

This and other answers can also be found
http://mx5record.com/faq

1 Like

I know I’m missing something here, but how come you don’t hold the record if you had just under 1600 there previously?

Quite. The record has been set as far as I’m concerned. I don’t care what Guinness World Records says, GWR has no official standing - they are just a PR company, better they had not been involved in the first place.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’ll get away with it unfortunately but will keep an eye out for you around Hedge End, must’ve seen you at some point in the past. I’m running a white ND at the moment but you might also catch me in an orange Exocet.

Someone has to adjudicate, otherwise the 1601 Ford Mustangs I had on my drive yesterday are now the world record holders.

GWR are a household name. Great marketing.

2 Likes

I’m going alone and I’m not sure my old girl will make it. She’s been off the road for 3 years and has just scraped through an MOT.
Is there anyone going from Oxfordshire or Buckinghamshire that I could convoy?
Apologies - I’m not sure if I have posted this in the right way!

Hi! I will be coming from Beverley so we could go together maybe? Another MX5er below also comes from East Riding so we can go as an convoy!

1 Like

So I booked for the normal pass and I and the next day I found out that the Cap is actually a Hat​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. Could I upgrade to the extra pass ticket? I replied to the booking confirmation email but I didn’t receive any response. Thank you!!

Easy enough to document if true. GWR is not required as a witness in every court case.

1 Like

Email store@mx5oc.co.uk

Thank you Ian, I have just sent the email. I hope it will be ok now.

I’ll be there with Celeste. Driving up from S. Lincs Saturday & staying over with my sis who lives 15 mins from Elvington. My nephew will be ‘co-pilot’. Looking forward to it!!

I’ve already said this in more detail so I’ll just keep it brief this time but… while there was some showboating there was also plenty of good old fashioned concertina effect going on. Anyone touching the brakes up front was just as responsible for those of us in the second half of the pack coming to a dead stop for 30 seconds at a time as the ding dongs leaving a gap and gunning it.

Anyway, best of luck with it for those that are attending.

3 Likes

Where in S.Lincs are you Adam?