Oh dear, ouch 😭

Senior moment - on the front drive too well miffed :disappointed_relieved:

Velocity Red - not cheap paint.

In the bodyshop now, fingers crossed for a good outcome ( for the car, not my wallet).

Oh dear. Looks in truly lovely nick though.
The only silver lining I can see in that cloud is… it’s a chance to “disappear” to door lip chips…unless my eyes deceive.

Fingers crossed it will be lovely once more :+1:

£1400 worse off though :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Wow that seems a lot… I did the same with my cx3 thought 2 doors soul red it cost 300 yours must be worst than it looks

:astonished::frowning:

What was your initial reaction, no don’t put it on here🤔

I remember doing similar many years ago, I wasn’t senior either. My son had left the rear door wide open on our Nissan, I then tried to pull in the garage.
Annoyingly the wooden frame of the garage door only had around 2 inches of paint that need touching up, the Nissan had to have the door reskinned.:angry:

Paint is a 3 pack (anniversary edition car), paint alone is £280 per litre :open_mouth::open_mouth:

MickAP – Similar to me really. Car was parked to close to motorhome, swiped it with the rear overhang. Not a mark on the motorhome except for a white plastic screwcap cover.

Got an initial quote from Chips Away at £630 but ‘we need to see it sir’, took it to their local shop and it went straight up to £1280. Too close in cost to my own trusted guy so stuck with it.

Deep breath tomorrow when I pick it up :+1:

Try to look on the bright side I’m sure your body shop will do a first rate job on the car , and in a month or so it will just be a distant memory . But I know it is bl@& dy annoying when something like this happens , my wife done a very similar thing with our Mazda 323 years ago.

True :+1::+1:

1 Like

Over £700 to fix this on my ND having lightly kissed the garage door frame. The car had barely done 200 miles !

Ooohhhhh - that would have made me wince :worried:

Are you sure you can’t source the paint for less than anything like that ridiculous figure you quoted ?

Wow… I guess nothing is cheap these days, and labour costs money, and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Shows how easy it is to write a car off though (meaning there must be many many cars sold out there that are marked down cost wise as they are “an insurance write off” that are absolutely genuine motors.

Hope the repairs go smoothly - and a big “Well done” for going with the local tradesman and not the cheapest faceless bidder.

My regular guy was going to do the repair but was warned by his paint supplier not to touch the job. When I got two other quotes, they were both over £700. The very professional body shop I went with actually removed the front bumper to do the job.

My local guy has done excellent work for me before and his main business is classic and high end motors so I no worries in that regard.

Quote was for 18 hours repair labour, 9 hours for spray work + parts/materials.