Oil change on new Mx5 2.00 rf

On my new 2.00 RF the servicing states at 12000 miles.
Have since read the oil change should be 6000 miles.
Is this correct please.

1 Like

Servicing is 12 months or 12000 miles whichever occurs first.
If you press the INFO button in on the left side of the steering wheel, it cycles through the trip computer screens, one which shows when the next service is due.
Also consider a service plan from Mazda, pays for first 3 years for approximately £20 a month and fixes the price against inflation.

1 Like

Hi Linda

Service interval is 12500 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first, your car will have a service warning message when due

Regards

Mark

On the maintenance monitor on the car, it states oil change at 6000 miles and service at 12500 miles.
I have got a service plan with Mazda. I phoned Mazda to ask but they didnt know. They say they have hever seen a 6000 mile oil change but it says this on the monitor on the car.

The maintenance monitor has just been set up wrongly. They can correct it when it’s next in for service.
I think there is an option to turn it off also.
It’s for countries where they have flexible servicing intervals not fixed 12 months/12k miles like Mazda UK.

Thank you

Quite a lot in the manual about Maintenance monitor.

https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/mx-5/mx-5_8fl9ee16j/contents/07020400.html?kw=Maintenance%20monitor

You can switch the notifications off or set it to 12500 miles/1 year.

1 Like