OK, I give in! Rally gift question

Yes yes a very wet day.

Sorry, it was the first aid kit.

What was 2009? i know i went to a race track and i can remember who i went with, i must not have been a paid up member then.

We really need a list for this. (sticky?)

That was Mallory Park, the 1520 event. The gift was a rectangle key ring, there’s a topic in the members discussion area with photos now. Like I’ve got nothing better to do on a Friday night!

Have you overlooked the fact that the Pound has shrunk in the last few days?

All such useful things. 

Perhaps off thread but I did not get a rally plaque is it possible to obtain one please

PM Iain F, at a guess. The plaque seems to have been part of the program, as I dropped it, and the plaque fell out, maybe they missed one in your program, or yours fell out?

Didnt get program was on show car site most of day mick

There was a white t-shirt for one of the Gaydon rallies I think.

was there not china mugs as well? or were they just something I’ve acquired…!

and looks like I was wrong then (it happens) we never did get a pound token key ring thingy…

OK who is going to play their jokes on this question?

How do you remove the battery and should the negative terminal be removed first?

There was a gift at Donington? I didn’t get one.

Robbie 2006/2007/2008 rallies were under my control, except 2006 rallies were sanctioned by my predecessor. I was on a tight budget (told to recoup previous losses from 2003/2004 and 2005 Rally was ‘over budget’) so no gifts provided. I don’t recollect if the Lincs Rally in 2005 had gifts either, but I didn’t get one.
Also Spring Rallies in the same period, but IIRC we never gave a gift at a Spring Rally.

From my POV, the only useful gift was the flashlight, which came in useful in many situations, in fact it was still in use till about two years ago, when I left it somewhere around home and couldn’t find it afterwards.
The only white T shirts I can remember were in very limited supply, and were part of a merchandise offer I believe. Don’t remember where or when. They weren’t freebies though.

That you can produce many - in obvious ‘as new’ condition, indicates that you appreciated them, but never had a need to use them, which confirms my own belief that gifts are a waste of Club money. If - as stated elsewhere, 2,000 members were expected, then 2,000 gifts would be available, so ít follows if the Club Store offers any of these for money, they will be paid for twice. 2,000 of anything costs money, and it was by and large wasted IMHO. At .50P each - cost - then that was £1,000 wasted. This current gift has a smooth handle not much larger than a jewellers set, so how we are expected to tighten or loosen a medium, never mind large screw, is a mystery, unless you have a good pair of pliers and put some weight on the handle to make sure it bites without dropping off the screw head. Despite losing the original flashlight, - which you still have in the case btw - I have since bought a couple from supermarkets and more recently bought a pair (two for the price of one) of the so called ‘American Army Flashlight’, which is the most powerful LED light I’ve seen, though it doesn’t reach as far as claimed. So - even the flashlight will go unused.

I will no doubt, get shouted down on this, but as a former guardian of spending on events I don’t care - someone should.

Maybe I’ve managed to acquire 2 of each gift, keep one use one.

Or maybe I just look after my stuff!

Just used the torch my Donington gift this evening to find a blown fuse, handy.

Maglite torch;

Used to get a lot of use when we camped, top gift. I think I may have purchased another from Club stock back in the day.

The blue chamois;

I keep that handy in the garage and use to remove condensation from inside the Roadster when needed

The first aid kit;

Lives in the boot of the MX-5 down with the spare wheel, just in case, as you would any first aid kit

The 20th anniversary keyring;

In use, with keys on, a very nicely weighted key ring.

The plastic mug;

Not used that yet,

The love balls,poncho ball

Not used for intended purpose but as a gift at a rally in a big field with no cover, Sandringham, the thought was appreciated,

The blue microfibre;

The best, love those, I seem to have acquired a couple of them and they are really good clothes, and a nice size, for cleaning, dusting etc. and can be found in the cars and in the garage. 

The 2016 tool kit;

I’m sure it will find some use, 

So, love my rally gifts, keep them coming… 

Multitool

Changed the sidelight on the mk1 today with it as it was to hand, and reminded me to take a few pics for those that need a guide.

Very impressive, wished I had kept mine

I received a mug at the last Gaydon Rally for showing my car in the coloured display area